New to you from near the Jersy Shore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarySBrewing

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the site. Brewed a batch for first time 4 years ago and then moved. Packed all the gear and kinda got distracted with new house and all. My Sweet heart got me restarted by buying me a Belgian Ale kit for Christmas that I just brewed last Sunday. I brushed up by spot reading "The Joy of Home Brewing", Great book, well I overlooked a few things, notably using grain bag for the hops, The heavy fermentation subsided yesterday after only 24 hours which worried me, but then I had a beer, no worries. I realized I will need to use secondary fermenter to get rid of the trub and polish the brew. I am kegging for the first time too, Spending lots of money to convert a refrigerator, Going to use a micromatic tower with Koolright cooling modue, Going to use Python 2 product line. Already have my Perlick 425 ss tap faucets. Going to fabricate my own glycol recirculator system. I'll let you all know how it works out, if this batch don't turn out right, no worries, I'll brew more!!

I just started my first batch with a Belgian-style two Sundays back after a similar hiatus. Sounds like you have greater plans already to upgrade your gear, than I do.

Back