New Keezer won't power on!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
I just finished building a new keezer, and prior to the build I plugged it in while in the garage for testing and it worked. I just got it in place in the house, hooked up my Ranco ETC to it, set it and.....nothing. The controller clearly turns on because the panel lights up and I hear the click that would normally start the compressor. What gives? We moved it into the house carefully without dropping it or otherwise hitting it and it's been sitting there all day even if we were to have turned it on its side or what have you.

Any ideas? It's not displaying any error codes. I'm getting really nervous about this since it's a brand new freezer that I just modified up the yin yang so it's beyond returnable.

Have you went through and double checked the settings on the ranco? I dont see what other than that it could be if the keezer worked before adding the controller.

Hey I new to home brew talk , but just finished my keezer up a few months ago . Describe how it's wired , I used a different controller on mine but I believe that style of contoller you just hook up the main power cord from the freezer to the controller right? If so make sure the freezer it self is turned on not just the controller unless you bypassed the freezers factory temperature controls

Did you modify the wiring? Unplug it from the ranco and plug it into the wall. Is the thermostat on the freezer set to the coldest setting?

There’s usually a breaker by the compressor....if it’s not your controller wiring.

Ok I figured it out. My mind went from 0-60 real fast. My etc is wired in series from freezer to the wall. I actually put the fan into a splitter so it only turns on when the freezer turns on as well. Turns out one of my common wire leads somehow jiggle out of the terminal within the controller. Got it figured out. Thanks for the quick replies

should we have the freezers on the coldest setting? I figured that would overshoot (or undershoot really) temps. I have it set midway right now

should we have the freezers on the coldest setting? I figured that would overshoot (or undershoot really) temps. I have it set midway right now

The thermostat just runs it until set temperature and turns off. Turning it from warmest to coldest does not change how much cooling power the freezer has either it is on or off with no variation and output based on the thermostat position.

Back