New Guy in MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavandeh

Reaction score
My roommate mentioned that he wanted to start brewing small batches at home, and I have always been interested in just that prospect. Last night we set our first batch, a simple brown ale recipe, fermenting. I figured I should belong to an internet community for ideas and support, so this morning I googled "home brewing forum" and found this site.

I live in Houghton, Michigan and I attend Michigan Technological University. I am a senior in the Clinical Laboratory Science program, so I am no stranger to batch cultures or microbiology. Things I like to do for fun include paintball, photography, the occasional video game, and of course drinking beer.

Cheers!

Welcome MTU Husky from an NMU fan! Go Cats GO! :mug:

Them's fighting words!

We have in my house: one MTU grad, one U of M grad, and one currently at NMU. So, no perferences here for any of the schools. (Incidently, my son says he's going to Finlandia next year, but I'm not sure that'll happen).

Anyway, brewing is great. I hope you can look around the site and find some recipes and information to help. Let us know if we can answer any questions!

welcome from the southwestern corner!

yooper, everytime you put that pic up from the hockey tournemant i get so dang jealous:D

It's all in good fun! This is the place for getting the answers you're looking for, with a side helping of good natured ribbing.

Welcome from metro Detroit. I was up that way last Summer -- camped at McLain State park on Lake Superior. It was fabulous. I had beers at both Keewenaw Brewing and The Library; I preferred the latter. I went through the mineral exhibit at NMU -- a great collection. I am brewing an ESB today, so better get to it.

Welcome to the board, this is one of the finest places for valuable information you can find.
Plus Michigan brings it strong on this site. Welcome aboard and start brewing that second batch!

Welcome from metro Detroit. I was up that way last Summer -- camped at McLain State park on Lake Superior. It was fabulous. I had beers at both Keewenaw Brewing and The Library; I preferred the latter. I went through the mineral exhibit at NMU -- a great collection. I am brewing an ESB today, so better get to it.

I love McLain, beautiful park! KBC and the Library both have their beers that they do the best, but they're both quality -- good people too.

Welcome to the board, this is one of the finest places for valuable information you can find.
Plus Michigan brings it strong on this site. Welcome aboard and start brewing that second batch!

I've already found that I've learned a lot, and I look forward to learning more. This is certainly not a passive hobby; there is always more to learn! I see a lot of Michiganders, and I know quite a few yoopers that brew. I figured I'd see a few of 'em here!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

You found another.

Go yous Huskies!

I graduated in 88, but hung arround for another 5 years working for the university. I used to get back about every other year, but life got busy. I haven't been back in the last 7 years.

Hoist a few at the Library for me. It kind of a shame its a yuppie bar now, not the hide-from-the-world place it used to be. Hope the sandwiches are still out of this world.

Hi from the Mt Pleasant Alma area! From a old Wildcat (like 30 years ago! )
My Cousin is a Husky, but he was in the forestry school at L'Anse, some 35 years ago.

I've got a friend down at fall camp in Alberta right now! Quite backwoods, but that's good for forestry people. ;)

Back