New guy from Rhode Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rishriv03

Reaction score
Hi - Just now getting around to posting. Started a few months ago and have done 2 solo brews, English Pale Ale and the second an Irish Red. I got some good feedback on the English and the Irish is still bottle conditioning. Addictive hobby, each brew makes me want to learn more and try different recipes and buy stuff. Just wanted to introduce myself since I'll probably have a bunch of questions as I get deeper into the hobby. Also interested if anyone in RI or MA knows of any homebrew clubs/groups or individuals that might do beer swaps or brew days? Cheers.

Welcome fellow RI brewer. There is a RI homebrew club http://riftbrew.org. I just recently stumbled on their web page; I'm not a participant. Craft Brews Supplies in Richmond has a homebrew swap. Just bring two of yours, share one with the owner, and swap with other brews in their fridge. They also do competitions every few months; if you participate, you also judge.

If you live in the nothern part of the state, Blackstone Valley Brewing Supplies in Woonsocket may be worth checking out. I haven't been there, but one of my buddies shops there.

Welcome rishriv03! It is a fun and addictive hobby. I love it, you can spend as much, or as little as you like, and it offers a lot of DIY projects. Good luck to you and happy brewing.

Welcome fellow Rhode Islander!

I will also recommend CraftBrews in Richmond. The owner Chris is a cool guy and you can e-mail them and they'll have your ingredients waiting for you.

Latest posts

Back