New guy from NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Stopping in to introduce ourselves. My wife and I got started with homebrewing a little over 6 months ago at Cask and Kettle in Boonton NJ (check them out of you are local) we have made probably 10 or 11 batches since then. All extract batches so far. We plan on switching to all grain once we get a better handle on it all. We have made a lot of clone recipes and are about to craft our own recipe. We have been reading this forum when we have questions and have found it very useful.

Welcome to brewing! I have been brewing for a number of years but all grain now for only about 8 months and I love it. I am also in NJ though I'm "down the shore". I have both purchased from Bobby_M and attended one of his classes and I learned alot. His shop is loaded with really useful items and his knowledge is vast. If you have any questions or answers and want to bounce them off me please feel free.

Great. Thanks! We are doing batches on the stove top electric range and we are only doing 2.5 gallon batches right now. We are considering doing induction plate brewing so we can set everything up in our basement I stead of carrying hot wort down the stairs to chill it. (limitations on sink size and no hose thread on the faucets upstairs) There will inevitably be something horrific happening while going down the stairs. I will have to check out your shop. I do make it down that way about once a month or so.

Back