New from NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grist

Reaction score
Greetings from NJ! New to brewing and jumped straight into all grain. Made my first batch of a Fat Tire Clone since I can't get it out here in NJ and it actually came out really close :rockin: Looking forward to getting tips and ideas from everyone here. I already learned a ton from just reading your posts.

Living in Highland Park right now. Born and raised in Hillsborough. Where you?

Good stuff man. I am actually looking to buy a house in Metuchen in June. Right now I'm San Fran until Feb 20th but if you guys ever meet up at any brew pubs after that let me know.

Grist said:
Good stuff man. I am actually looking to buy a house in Metuchen in June. Right now I'm San Fran until Feb 20th but if you guys ever meet up at any brew pubs after that let me know.

We brew together sometimes at Bobby's place in Piscataway. You're right near Harvest Moon brewpub, which is pretty good with a cool brewer. If you're looking for a townhouse in Metuchen, let me know...

Soulive said:
We brew together sometimes at Bobby's place in Piscataway. You're right near Harvest Moon brewpub, which is pretty good with a cool brewer. If you're looking for a townhouse in Metuchen, let me know...

I heard Harvest Moon has some Cask-Conditioned Ale right now every Friday after 4? Stuck out west right now though so I am not sure if they do or not.

Bobby_M said:
Nice to see more NJ brewers coming out of the woodwork. I'll be looking to put together another brewout get together soon enough. Hope to pull in a few other locals.

Sounds good man! You just post it and I am there.

Grist said:
I heard Harvest Moon has some Cask-Conditioned Ale right now every Friday after 4? Stuck out west right now though so I am not sure if they do or not.

Everytime I'm at HM there is nothing on cask. It'd be nice though...

Sayreville here.... you should come check out one of the Whales club meetings... 3rd tuesday each month usually in Edison

sirsloop said:
Sayreville here.... you should come check out one of the Whales club meetings... 3rd tuesday each month usually in Edison

Good to know. As soon as I get back to NJ I would love to check it out. Thanks man.

Welcome, to the forum. I myself am at the central jersey shore area.

Grist said:
Living in Highland Park right now. Born and raised in Hillsborough. Where you?

Welcome!

Where did you go to high school and what year did you graduate?

Grist said:
Greetings from NJ! New to brewing and jumped straight into all grain. Made my first batch of a Fat Tire Clone since I can't get it out here in NJ and it actually came out really close :rockin: Looking forward to getting tips and ideas from everyone here. I already learned a ton from just reading your posts.

Welcome aboard. Originally from Old Bridge, did a few years in Harrison and have been back in Old Bridge for almost 3 years...

jzal8 said:
Welcome, to the forum. I myself am at the central jersey shore area.

me too! where do you buy your ingredients/equipment? i'm just starting to get into brewing.

Bobby_M said:
I'm guessing brewer's apprentice www.brewapp.com

I do stop by there if I need bottles or hops that I can't get online, but for the most part I pretty much get my ingredients from austinhomebrew.com or morebeer.com.

The brewers apprentice is a great place, run by really great people. I just dont always feel like taking the 30 minute drive to get there.

I only go there when I desperate for a sack of grain. Their priority is their brew on prem customers, then the supply shoppers. Sometimes you'll stand around for a half hour before they get to you.

Bobby_M said:
I only go there when I desperate for a sack of grain. Their priority is their brew on prem customers, then the supply shoppers. Sometimes you'll stand around for a half hour before they get to you.

That is definitely true. Always be prepared to stand around for a while until someone notices you.

janzik said:
Welcome aboard. Originally from Old Bridge, did a few years in Harrison and have been back in Old Bridge for almost 3 years...

I got some friends from Old Bridge. Be funny if we some of the same.

stevie said:
me too! where do you buy your ingredients/equipment? i'm just starting to get into brewing.

I actually just bought a 10 gallon cooler from a yard sale over the summer. Made most of the other equipment. Was at Home Depot just about everyother day for awhile.

I am from the Shore area also. I am new to brewing I just got a start up kit the other day from the Brewers App. I just brewed my first batch last night of there Old Fortress Brown Ale (new castle clone) I am hoping for the best.

Welcome to the boards. SWMBO is from Wayne, I really have to try and get in on one of these brew sessions, there is nothing for me to do when we visit my FIL.

Living in Hoboken.

Total beginner on the Mr. Beer -but learning and looking forward to moving to bigger and better things!

Grist said:
I got some friends from Old Bridge. Be funny if we some of the same.

Other than when my then g/f (now wife) and I were living in Harrison for a few years I've been a life long OB resident. I graduated from OBHS in '95. So if any of your friends are in that age group, I may know 'em...

edbstratt said:
Living in Hoboken.

Total beginner on the Mr. Beer -but learning and looking forward to moving to bigger and better things!

you should check out Corrado's in Clifton. They have a pretty big wine and beer making supply store.

Back