New from Houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skimo281

Reaction score
I've been wanting to brew for quite some time and with tax return money on it's way what better time to start than now? I'm addicted to anything considered DYI so I see this hobby getting expensive as time progresses but I don't think anything could compare in satisfaction.

Anyways hopefully I'll meet some local brewers along the way and I look forward to becoming a part of the community. :mug:

Well I'm not from any part of Houston but nobody knows where Alvin is so I always say I'm from Houston lol

Hopefully I'll have my first setup ordered Wednesday and get my first batch going asap. I tried posting a thread in the beginner section but it didn't post, not sure why.

It would be cool once I get the process down pretty good to meet up with fellow brewers.

Yes it would. I just switched from extract to all grain brewing myself. Been brewing off and on again since 1996. It is a cool hobby, welcome aboard.

I'm from Houston too, Clearlake area. I've been brewing with my Coopers kit I bought last year. Yep, this hobby is very addictive.

Welcome to another Houstonian! I'm in Oak Forest north of the Heights. Been brewing for almost two years and am a regular at DeFalco's.

I haven't really noticed but do we have a lot of festivals and things similar to that? Last one I knew of was beer fest but I heard out it turned out pretty bad.

I just found out about Defalcos I'll probably be there often not to long from now.

Back