New England June 2015 Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was banking on this pickup being next weekend, I've got a wedding in PA to attend.

Can anyone from the NH/Seacoast area pick up my stuff? I'm pretty easy, just 2 gallons of star-san and some PBW this time around.

Let me know... thanks!

Hey all if anyone has the time to hang around and help wax some bottles you would be making my week. Also I am sure that you would end up with a case or 2 of beer at the end of the day.

Any projected traffic coming east on the pike? Mapquest shows an hr and a half but im not sure how traffic will be early on a saturday.

Well, I was hoping I could meet up with some of the guys in the buy tomorrow morning, but I'm out of town until Monday. Maybe next time around. I'm sending my buddy Erik to pick up the grain, be nice to him!

Cheers,
Jason

I cant make it either but Im sending a guy with my paddle...[emoji109]🏼[emoji106]

Since the entrance is a bit hard to distinguish. Donovan's white van is backed up to the loading dock. There's a board labeled 151 above the door to the spot.

The van was a big help. Donovan you need a big sign out there. Anyway. Thanks again Donovan and also to everyone else who helped sort. Seemed to go pretty smooth. Cheers.

The entrance will be on the other side of the building once we are open to the public. Thanks for all the sort help this was a really smooth sort day thanks to Luther and the sort team. Want to thank all the fellows that hung out and waxed bottles with me.

Remember to thank us by leaving iTrader feed back

This was the 2nd one I participated in and was very smooth- I really appreciate all the work that goes into this. Hit me up if yall are ever down ct way

Well done across the board. 1.5 hour drive there and 2hr drive home, but super easy in and out for pickup. Thanks to all who organized and sorted and happy brewing!

Thanks CrazyIrish for holding the buy, Luther for organizing, and Redman/Kraz/Quaboag/(and a few others whose names I'm blanking on) for sorting.

Remember everyone, this is a GROUP EFFORT. If you aren't helping to sort please don't just do a drive by and grab your stuff, stick around and help the next person (or two) with their order.

Many thanks to all for this, it's much appreciated!

And thanks to Zinc for getting my order to CT from MA!

If any of you are ever in the Wallingford, CT neck of the woods, stop by for a cold one.

:mug:

Just curious if as part of any of the buys (or perhaps a separate buy) the group has done say a pallet of 22's. I need about 10 cases......a brewery in CT was going to hook me up at $8 per case but bailed so I'm looking for other options. I think a pallet of 22oz cases is about $520 plus shipping........split this between a few home brewers and should be way less then paying the $14 per case at the LHBS. If anyone has any other sources open to suggestions.....just trying to save a few $$$. My 22's seem to have a way of not finding their way back to me after sharing with colleagues.

Damn.....bad timing. Donovan.....let me know if you end up with any extra cases. I'll take whatever you can spare. Have a brett wit and brett saison that needs to get packaged soon.......and a RIS on the horizon.

Just thought I'd throw this out to the group. Looking for suggestions on good places to acquire used bourbon whiskey barrels (bung intact). In the past I good luck snagging barrels from Jack's Abby when they were done with them (was great deal at $50 per barrel) but been a while since they have made any available. May be doing a 10bbl batch of foreign stout in the near future and we're thinking about letting it barrel age for a bit. I know a few of the smaller distillers in the area have the smaller barrels that would be great for home brewing but this time we need the big boys. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I did reach out to Jack Hendler @ Jack's Abby as well to see if they may be dumping any again in the near future. Hard to go wrong with $50 barrels (have one at home that they had used for Baby Maker).

Anyone interested in expanding their equipment, I'm selling my all electric brewery, kegs, keezer, etc. You can see the listing in the for sale forum.

Back