New England Group Buy May 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyirishman34

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The order is Closed

This buy is open to everyone and the pickup location will be in Taunton, Ma about 10 minutes off Rt 495

See the signup sheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...YzVoUzVnZG1iaTk1Snc&usp=sharing2c&usp=sharing The sheet is open so just sign up

1. Need 128 sacks to order. Additional pallets can be added if there is demand for them in increments of 42 Sacks.

2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received. This will most likely be a Saturday morning (10am-12pm) following arrival of shipment. Volunteers would be appreciated to help sort and split grain s about an hour prior to pickup depending on the size of the order. All orders will be sorted prior to any being released.

3. We are only going to order one type of Pale Malt and one Type of 2 Row malt. They will be CM-2ROW and CM-PALE. If you add any other type of Pale or 2 Row malt it will be changed to CM-PALE or CM-2ROW. For the folks that want organic I am going to add GW-O2RP. Also I would rather just have one MOPA ordered if you could only order TF-MOPA that would be great.

4.The pricing on the spreadsheet is an approximation but will be close to actual.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$8)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$8)

To see the catalog, go
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxSLQbVFAE0wOFVhRHdQejBQZ0U/edit?usp=sharing

Pricing (Use 4000#+ pricing)
Pricing on the spread sheet is an estimate. Plan for $8 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

The pricing on this sheet has carried over from the last group buy and some may not be accurate. It would also be helpful if someone would verify the price per Lb and sack weight is accurate. Please let me know about any corrections needed and I will take care of it.

Cleaning Chemicals carry an additional HAZMAT surcharge and this cost will be spread out over all the chemical purchases. The first order entered on the sheet will see this entire charge added but as more chemical purchases are added it will automatically be adjusted.

Just to clarify: Instead of PMing you for access to the spreadsheet and entering our orders like last time, you want us to PM you what we want?

Who ever put an order in with out a name you need to put in your name or it will be delete today. Also I moved the grain names around make sure that your order is correct.

I wanted to try Peal malt but if you are only going to do Maris Otter I am fine with that. Will we pay via paypal or what is the best method? Will we be notified when payment is due?

Glad to see another grain buy on here. I'm gonna check my supply and see how much I'll get. Thanks Donovan

- ISM NRP

I am thinking that we will use Amazon payments. It is totally free for everyone

If you do decide to go that route you may want to make sure you leave lead time prior to taking payments. If I recall, there might be a few days delay adding bank info to make accounts verified. You may also want to see what your receiving limit is, as it normally is 1,000 a month you can receive for free.

Yeah I have used it a few times it does take longer. I will look into the cap. The cheapest way to do things is checks but that takes a long time also.

I was interested in Perl Malt and I know it was on the sheet but I say that you were trying to only order certain things so I wanted to make sure that was ok. I should be signed up for CM Pale and Perl on the spreadsheet.

Oh just to clarify if it is on the sheet you are able to order it. I just don't want to order 5 different types of 2 Row. It makes the sorting totally insane and NCM tends to get the order wrong.

I'm in, thanks for putting this together and letting me know about it!

::crosses fingers that I entered my info right::

I'm checking over the buy sheet, and Clankenbrew entered an incorrect order. You overwrote a formula instead of entering amounts in the right place. I fixed the formula, you should go back in and re-do your order.

Same goes for 63belair, the formula at the top was overwritten. I fixed it, but you will need to re-do your order.

Donovan - I suspect someone is corrupting the sheet, you may want to consider locking it so we can track changes.

Same goes for 63belair, the formula at the top was overwritten. I fixed it, but you will need to re-do your order.

Donovan - I suspect someone is corrupting the sheet, you may want to consider locking it so we can track changes.

Sorry about that, I didn't scroll down far enough.

I think it should be all set now.

I'll add an order. Thanks for putting this together. Does this mean that the brewery is opening soon?

Also is it possible to order hops?

Citra sounds ok. Anything hi alpha suitable for iipa, I'm not too picky. I can do 11 lbs if someone wants to split one four ways? Don't really have room for 44 lbs

Why don't folks think about it and when we get closer to the order date I will call and see what the have for spot pricing. Calling now most likely they will be out of what ever it is we want.

I also have one of the 6" Stainless hop spider from SS Brewing that I am looking to sell. I would like to get $75 for it they are $90 new. It was used only a few times it works great but I switched over to whirlpooling and don't need it.

One other thing that I have is a Hop Blocker for a Blichmann Kettle like Kal sells looking to also get $75 for that. Both are in good shape and work well I just don't need them any more.

Also guys don't forget that I am not planning on running another buy for about 6 months from the finish. So get what grain you are going to need for that time.

After it fills then all the payments are in. I would say we are looking at about a month or a month and a half until delivery. It really doesn't make sense to do less then 3 pallets. I would really like to do 4 this time. Remember it is going to be 6 months at least before then next one.

Would love to get in on this. It's a trek from Vermont, but got a grain mill for a steal and the lhbs here sells bulk 2 row for over 70 a sack... Is there a cutoff date at the moment to sign up?

Would love to get in on this. It's a trek from Vermont, but got a grain mill for a steal and the lhbs here sells bulk 2 row for over 70 a sack... Is there a cutoff date at the moment to sign up?

Twonkz, if it makes sense i can grab your bags (if they fit on a Jetta) and meet you in lower NH. I spend a lot of time in the Hollis/Nashua region, would save you maybe an hour trip.

Latest posts

Back