New England Grain Buy December 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The order is CLOSED

This buy is open to everyone and the pickup location will be in Everett, Ma right off Rt 93

See the signup sheet [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YhqsaL1LSC1R6ZWc8qu44RnaeFT3lGkKjUELPVq688Y/edit?usp=sharing"]here[/URL]. The sheet is open
1. Need 128 sacks to order. Additional pallets can be added if there is demand for them in increments of 42 Sacks.

2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received. This will most likely be a Saturday morning (10am-12pm) following arrival of shipment. Volunteers would be appreciated to help sort and split grain s about an hour prior to pickup depending on the size of the order. All orders will be sorted prior to any being released.

3. We are only going to order one type of Pale Malt and one Type of 2 Row malt. They will be CM-2ROW and CM-PALE. If you add any other type of Pale or 2 Row malt it will be changed to CM-PALE or CM-2ROW. For the folks that want organic I am going to add GW-O2RP. Also I would rather just have one MOPA ordered if you could only order TF-MOPA that would be great.

4.The pricing on the spreadsheet is an approximation but will be close to actual.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$8)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$8)

To see the catalog, go here

Pricing (Use 2000#+ pricing)
Pricing on the spread sheet is an estimate. Plan for $8 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

The pricing on this sheet has carried over from the last group buy and some may not be accurate. It would also be helpful if someone would verify the price per Lb and sack weight is accurate. Please let me know about any corrections needed and I will take care of it.

Cleaning Chemicals carry an additional HAZMAT surcharge and this cost will be spread out over all the chemical purchases. The first order entered on the sheet will see this entire charge added but as more chemical purchases are added it will automatically be adjusted.

Looks like the sheet was protected, I just opened it up. Please only add your ID at the top, and then bag counts and names in the appropriate cells. Do not overwrite any cells with formulas!

Im looking to add a 50lb bucket of PBW (5s-PBW50) to my order. How exactly should i go by doing this without screwing something up?

aouellette86 - Your entry looks fine, you're good to go.

Eclecticbrews - you oversubscribed a chemical split, I moved it to a new row. .2 is a strange amount for a split, not sure it will ever close, but we'll see, I guess it's 10 lbs of PBW.

BTW, PBW splits are usually frowned upon, it's nasty pouring that stuff. It will have to be done outside, and Donovan may overrule here and say no to it.

And ... if anyone does a chemical split, you'd better plan to be at the sort to do it yourself!

It's filling more quickly than I thought it would, so I'm not sure. 2 weeks? 2 months? Tough to tell, so get in on it as soon as you can.

PBW splits are fine it just needs to be done outside and by the folks who ordered it.

Also splits should be no less the a quarter. Splitting something 5 or 6 ways just takes too much time.

Looks great!

Opened up some splits. If they don't fill, I'll go back and re-evaluate my life decisions.

I'll plan on being there to help with all the splits.

Cheers.

I want to add a new type of grain (full bag of Victory). Do I just add it to the sheet using the abbreviation from the price list, or does some type of formula need to be entered so the cost estimate is accurate?

I just added it (BM-5351), the cost is an estimate for now, but should be fairly close.

Are you able to order a 50lb bag of DME? I've been using 2-3 lbs to deal with some efficiency issues and getting tired of ordering 3lbs at a time.

And what about a sack of flaked oats? Wasn't sure if we could add other items or if it were by request only?

I just added flaked oats GP-FLOAT and Golden Light DME BM-5748. Let me know if you'd rather have a different DME type.

WinterDreaming - Donovan usually doesn't want smaller chemical orders, we need to stick with the larger ones and do splits, so I don't want to add 32 oz star san. There is still one gallon left on the open spilt you could grab.

Thanks for this.

I added another star san to the split, seems like I waited too long! (I assume I can do this, just add it to the spreadsheet?)

The longer this goes, the more I'll add!

I've got .5 of that star san two rocks. So how does this work? I've never done a group buy, do we just follow this thread for updates?

Think this is my first post. Several year lurker

When you post to the thread you subscribe to it. When there is a new post you get an email. But it still helps to check the thread from time to time.

I would love to add 3 bags to this order. I am in Saratoga Springs, NY. Wondering if anyone on the thread is coming from anywhere closer to NY and would be willing to make an arrangement to relay. I don't want to make it to complicated, but the drive to Everett negates any bulk savings on my end. Let me know if anyone could help and I'll get an order in.

Im in for a few... Thanks again for setting this up. Are the hops on the catalog by the pound?

Moving along fast, only 9 more bags until the order is closed!

Redmanll34 and InterActIve - You've got your name on the sheet, but no order entered. Can I delete you? If you are intending to get in on the buy, you'd better do it today before it closes!

Back