New brewer problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombsy

Reaction score
So I just kegged my first AG batch and it turned out great. No off tastes or anything.

The problem is I don't want to drink it because I want every single person I know to try it , but I just can't stop drinking it.

Anyone else have this feeling when you first started brewing?

I guess the only solution is to brew another batch and try to improve.

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC One using Home Brew mobile app

No, I wanted it all for myself! I did share and started my second batch before the first was in bottles. Keep some going at all times so you don't run out.

Your friends won't appreciate it as much as you do ... drink it, enjoy it, and brew another batch. Your friends wont stop coming over ... I promise :)

However, for nostalgia's sake, kegging doesn't mean you cant bottle. Cut a piece of racking cane at an angle, shove the other end into the picnic tap on your keg and do a counter pressure fill with a few sanitized bottles (takes a bit of practice to get the right keg pressure and how much to fill the bottles - I let a bit of foam come over the top and once I pull the cane out of the bottle its at a pretty perfect fill with little foam).

I pour between a 6 and 12 bottles with each batch I make for archiving/sharing/testing later batches against, etc. and even months later, they pour with a nice carbonation.

Back