New Brewer in Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chosen

Reaction score
Hi from eastern Colorado :)

So far i have only done extract brewing but have made an accidental wheat sour. It was brewed to be a Hefeweizen but got infected. A rye ale that turned out really well, and an IPA that was my first kegging experience.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the information in this forum. It has helped us alot getting started.

A belated hello and welcome to the forum. How did that sour turn out?

I don't like sours at all. I took it to the brew hut in denver to see what i did wrong, they told me I some how got wild yeast in there. I gave most of it away and only have a 6 pack left.

Yeah sours are a definite taste that takes some time to acquire. I am always hit or miss with sours, but my wifes love for lambics definitely helped in getting used to sour beers. Those yeasts are sneaky things.

Hey chosen where in CO are you from? I just got into brewing as well only done two batches and havent even gotten to drink them yet. Im in Thornton would be nice to do some trades or dumb mistake trades down the road!

I am in the middle of no where. It is 2 hours to denver from here. The nearest brew store is in greeley, 1.5 hours.

The land of the corn! We came in that way. We just moved here from maine. Well if your ever in the denver area let us know.

We come up there often. Inlaws are in commerce city and my brother is in aurora. We love the bars up there

Back