New Brewer in Buffalo, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slice716

Reaction score
Hey! Im new to the site and to the hobby! Picked up my home brewing kit on Saturday and made an IPA from a store called Niagara Tradition here in Buffalo. Ive been wanting to brew my own beer for quite awhile now and finally made the purchase and glad I did!! Ive been doing alot of reading and am convinced that I should not do a secondary fermentation for an IPA. Any tips or advice for a first time brewer?? Thanks and GO BILLS! :mug:

Home slice! Welcome to the site.
I can't answer your question with authority, (still a nuub myself), but I don't use a secondary. From what I've read here and experienced so far, it is way more important to be patient and take care of your beer while it ferments (which basically just means leave it alone and make sure you control the temp).
If you are dry hopping, that changes things. I have not dry hopped but plan to this batch. I asked someone a similar question - do I need to transfer to a secondary to dry hop or can I just pitch it into the primary and reseal the sucker?

What is the story with Niagara Tradition? Where is it exactly? I hope to get up that way this summer (north of Buffalo on Lake O) and would like to visit that store.

Go Bills! And here's to the Sabres having as good as an off season as the Bills just appeared to.

yea seems like the Sabs had a good draft...They def gotta make some moves and get some new blood in there and get rid of some of the dead weight aka Derek Roy but anyway Niagara Tradition is on Sheridan and Military...http://www.nthomebrew.com/store/ They pretty much have everything for your beer and wine making needs and if they dont then they will order it for you. Thanks for the advice!

Back