New Beers Resolutions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost_Arkitekt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here are my New Beers Resolutions:

Make a clone of Lake Effect's Belgian IPA...sooo good.
Try to clone Finch's Secret Stache Stout
Brew way more Belgians and Bitters/ESBs.

What are YOURS?

To get back on saddle and get back into my routine. I was brewing once to twice a month and would like to get back into that schedule. Also to build out my brewery/bar. After the kids play room is done first though. Happy wife, happy life.

Enter a brewing competition- achieved today at 1 PM

Make the leap to all grain.

Get that Keezer or kegerator done so I can actually use the keg I bought.

1. Get a forced carb system.
2. Make batches that are consistent.
3. Move to all-grain.
4. Grow my own hops.

I just want to put more experience under my belt. I figure that as long as my primary is empty, I'm wasting it.

One brew per month? *shrug*
Increase storage hardware...

Not "new beers", but "brewing resolutions" nevertheless:

- Finish the new keezer. The old keezer was euthanized three weeks ago, and living with one picnic tap and eight kegs in two fridges blows chunks compared to pulling tap handles.

- Finish the new brew sculpture. Just need to bake the damned thing and it'll be ready for full-manual operation, at least.

- Upgrade to 10g batches. I can't keep up with the demand for my house IPA (with all home-grown Chinook/Cascade/Centennial hops) and doing two five gallon batches of the same brew in the same day is the hard way to get 'er done...

Cheers!

Enter a contest.
Buy a larger ferm chamber, my carboy barely fits in my mini fridge!
Finish my 4 tap perlick keezer, which will be done this week!
Try to learn something new every time I brew.

Concentrate on one style to produce great brews instead of mediocre.
This year will be Belgian and French ales.

Last year (my first year brewing) I dumped 3 out of the 10 batches I brewed.
Never had a true plan just brewed what sounded good.

1. Jump to all grain

2. Build a keezer

3. Build a bar in my basement

4. Build my single tier three keggle brewing system

Not to dwell on brewing so much. Balance my life a little more and stop thinking about how I can change things up and just brew and enjoy the beer I brew. I'm always dwelling on what style of fermentation vessel to use or what process (BIAB, mashtun, etc) to use or what batch size to brew, etc. Just brew and enjoy it. I tend to obsess about the little things and it drives me crazy.

I want to brew twice a month. Perfect some beers and experiment as much as I can. I also want to upgrade my brew setup as much as I can.

Im a list guy too so here are mine:

1.) Brew a Rogue Dead Guy Ale replica (one of my fav beers)
2.) Brew a Schofferhofer Grapefruit beer replica (only beer my wife will drink and I like ;))
2.) Covert my chest freezer into a temp controlled fermenting chest
3.) Go to all grain before 2015
4.) Learn to harvest yeast
5.) Make good beer!

-Sapp

Enter contest mainly.
But I also have a list of 10 batches to make this year already, so now I just need to fill in the gaps with whatever tickles my fancy around that time.

Attend a competition and grow my own hops.

I am still debating if I want to try and grow hops. I live in an apartment so I couldn't do it here, but my dad told me I could put some in his 'yard' in the Hill Country. He has about 50 grape vines growing already, but hops don't do nearly as well in the heat and with the rocky ground. Plus, then I'd have to go back to Austin to tend to them every now and then.

been brewing for a year and half now almost exactly. i started with keezer and all grain setup right from the get-go. i've made many great brews while only having to dump 2. i have my process down, so now i want to make the jump to 10 gallon batches and continue to wstep up and perfect the details. (i already have 3 ss 15 gallon sankes)
a friend sent down some heady toppers for me and the owner of my lhbs volunteered to help me culture yeast from a can. that i want to start making making starters and washing yeast both to save a couple bucks and just to learn more about the process.
like others i also want to grow hops, but i am totally clueless on that one.
cant wait for more 2014 brewing!!!

1. Continue to brew (hopefully more frequently)
2. Try to talk about things nonbeer related (think SWMBO is getting tired of it)
3. Attempt and hopefully sucessfully brew a few clones.... starting with zombie dust
4. Find a way to get my hands on a real bottle of zombie dust (dying to try it)

2. Try to talk about things nonbeer related (think SWMBO is getting tired of it)
3. Attempt and hopefully sucessfully brew a few clones.... starting with zombie dust

Number 2 is a good one, I think SWMBO is getting really bored by my constant talking about it. Also 3, never had Zombie Dust but I feel like a clone would be a good way to really test myself.

Brew more consistently and learn a lot more.
Visit Eizeringen in Belgium for the Nacht van de Grote Dorst (The Night of the Great Thirst), a Lambic and Gueuze beer festival
Help start a local homebrew club
Brew some German beer styles

Number 2 is a good one, I think SWMBO is getting really bored by my constant talking about it. Also 3, never had Zombie Dust but I feel like a clone would be a good way to really test myself.

I cloned zombie dust with the recipe on this site before I ever tried the real thing, the recipe is really close and a good brew. I would recommend buying 1lb of citra hops though when you make it cause you will want to use them again :)

1) get my keezer built (have to lose 8 more lbs before SWMBO will let me start it)
2) get my single tier brew sculpture built. (need to buy pumps for this :( )
3) finally make an original house beer recipe. (Should be completing this one soon)
4) Successfully brew an AG clone of a commercial beer.

Though I've only been brewing for one year, I feel as though I've come a long way in one year. I can still recognize the fact that I have a long ways to go also.

I cloned zombie dust with the recipe on this site before I ever tried the real thing, the recipe is really close and a good brew. I would recommend buying 1lb of citra hops though when you make it cause you will want to use them again :)

I like the idea of buying a whole pound of hops but I don't have a vacuum sealer.

I like the idea of buying a whole pound of hops but I don't have a vacuum sealer. I've used citra before, in fact making an admiral/citra APA on Sunday.

I'm taking 2 months off drinking. Giving my liver a much needed rest, trying to get into better physical shape.

I did this for 3 months two years ago, but it's much harder now that I'm brewing. Also doesn't help that my two year old randomly blurts out: "I want to drink a beer!" Yeah buddy, that makes two of us.

The upside is I'm using my kegerator as a ferm chamber for my first lager. Also plan on having 10 gallons of carbed keg beer as well as a couple cases of bottles for once my 2 months is up. Great way to build up the pipeline.

1. Gather knowledge.
2. Brew great beer.
3. Assemble local brew
club.
4. Continue to pity those
who drink Bud Light.

Sent from my N8000_USA_Cricket using Home Brew mobile app

I thought number 2 was pretty funny which for me also applies to Jeeps. I think she's tired of hearing about Jeeps more so than brewing.

My resolutions for the year:

1. Get the bar built on my back porch of which I already have the plumbing and electrical ready.
2. Throw some more parties.
3. Brew more because the beer is getting drunk.

Here are my New Beers Resolutions:

Make a clone of Lake Effect's Belgian IPA...sooo good.
Try to clone Finch's Secret Stache Stout
Brew way more Belgians and Bitters/ESBs.

What are YOURS?

Still new to brewing ( 2 years in ), and just gotten my efficiency and other bits to be consistent ( a bit low, but consistent at least ).

I built a 4 tap keezer with coffin box, which now needs to have a bar built around it ( part of finishing basement in the house ).

I have enough gear, I need to make better use of it. Only have 2 of the 4 taps pouring, but I've got some stuff in fermentation to fill it up soon.

I focused too much on Pale Ales and IPAs ( though they are my favorites ). I want to try to make some Belgium styles and some ESBs ( have an ESB in Ferm that was my first brew for 2014! ).

Try my hand at lagering. I've only made ales thus far, but am keen to try lagering to open up additional possibilities.

And the most important resolution: drink more beer! :mug:

Back