New 3rd QTR Wyeast Private Collection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperiorBrew

Reaction score
You may want to plan ahead to include the new strains coming soon.
Celebrate a Saison Summer with Wyeast Laboratories
Private Collection. This release of three special Saison strains will be
available​
July through September. Saisons benefit from higher
fermentation temperatures which makes this the perfect beer for your
summertime brewing activities.
Wyeast 3711 French Saison is a highly
attenuative strain that will leave your beer with a silky and rich mouthfeel.

Wyeast 3725 Biere De Garde​
is a low to moderate ester producer
with a subtle spiciness. Finally,
Wyeast 3726 Farmhouse Ale produces

complex esters which are balanced with earthy and spicy notes

I hear you dude, Farmhouse Ale sounds nice to me. Made a batch of a Flying Fish Farmhouse Ale clone using safbrew-33 and it was good, but I think this will be way better!

yeah, I'd love to do one too, but not that patient. Listened to the Jamil show and he said they should be aged for a year. Ouch!

Anyone want to take a guess as to whether you could make a spotted cow clone with the farm house ale yeast?

Interesting.....Farmhouse Ale here I come!

So how's the store doing??? Haven't heard much from you lately.

Store is doing good thanks! Been busy with that and now starting on the online shopping cart, hope to roll that out in August some time.
May be doing a little fishing lately too (ok quite a bit). I do plan to brew up a Lager this weekend.

I think I may need to pickup the Farmhouse and try a Saison - been drinking a bit of DuPont and if I can do it I won't need to pay 4.50 a pint or so.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm doing a Biere de Garde in the fall and had planned on using WLP570. Looks like I'll be trying to get the 3725 instead.

I plan on trying these yeasts out...here is some additional info i have been able to put together:

Using this chart: http://www.mrmalty.com/yeast.htm

3726 (Farmhouse Ale) is from Blaugies, Belgium. According to the Farmhouse Ales book they produce a saison like beer fermented with fig juice called Darbyste. Their flagship beer is Saison d'Epeautre which is a particularly dry version of the Wallonion style brewed with a portion of epeautre (spelt).

Sasison d'Epeautre

OG: 1.048
FG: 1.002
ABV: 6%
Apparent Attenuation: 95%
Malt: 67% Belgian Pilsner, 33% Raw, dehusked Spelt
Hops: Styrian Goldings
Primary Fermentation: 77 - 80 F
Garding: 5 days @ 41 F

----

I know nothing about 3725 (Biere De Garde) from Soy-Erezée, Belgium. Likely from Brasserie Fantôme

----

3711 (French Saison) from Brasserie Thiriez:

Their flagship product is Blonde d'Esquelbecq - 'its spicy hop character recalling certain versions of Belgian saison.'

'L'Ambree D'Esquelbecq bears a strong similarity to traditional biere de garde with a slightly higher hopping rate...'

L'Ambree D'Esquelbecq:

OG: 1.056
ABV: 5.8
Apparent Attenuation: 80%
Malts: Pilsner and Munich from Malteries de Chateau
Hops: Brewers Gold and Saaz from Poperinge in Belgium
Primary Fermentation: 71F for 6 - 7 days
Garding: Minimum 2 weeks at 33F

All malt grist, bottle conditioned

----

Anyone have any ideas on what fermenting with fig juice might mean? Also any experience with Spelt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I'm thinking of adding some acid malt to add a bit of sourness to my farmhouse ale. Any suggestions on the amount to add to a 5 gallon batch?

Back