Netflix customer service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wailingguitar

Reaction score
When I have lousy customer service, people hear about it... I think it is only fair to report exemplary service as well. I had an issue with a lost Netflix disc, was wondering what it would cost me, etc... called in, was told "don't worry about it, you've already paid enough... we don't like headaches here, we want them to go away, not cause them"... zip... done... entire call lasted 4 1/2 minutes, including hold time, the lost disc issue, changing account from disc-by-mail and streaming to streaming only and a post call customer survey.

I have had the service for two years and have called customer service three times... once was a streaming issue when I first signed up. Something funky in my browser IIRC, they walked me through it and I was good to go in no time. The second time was to make a complaint/request about some shows I had been watching that suddenly disappeared (Coupling and Red Dwarf). This today was the third time. How many times to you get off a customer service call and have a smile on your face?

I have also had good experiences with Netflix. They sent me an extra disc when I got one that wouldn't play. Turns out it was my fault anyway-my Blu ray player needed to be updated.

The only time I have dealt with Netflix customer support was when I had a Blu-Ray player having troubles staying registered.

Meaning, I had to register it everytime I turned it on.

Their solution? They dropped support of that model player. Last I hear, Samsung did too. :mad:

Glad to hear you had good service. Most of the time a review of service is due to bad service.

I left netflix when they raised their prices and split the DVD portion. Decided I watched too much TV, I haven't really missed it that much. My kids don't share my same sentiments.

I've called a few times. The first 2-3 were because of a bad disc, and it was the same movie. I think a shipment got damaged. They refunded our money that month, and I think gave a free month credit for our trouble. The other call was to drop the disc service and keep the streaming. Very helpful, and one of the best customer service experiences I've had. Kyle

Glad to hear you had good service. Most of the time a review of service is due to bad service.

I left netflix when they raised their prices and split the DVD portion. Decided I watched too much TV, I haven't really missed it that much. My kids don't share my same sentiments.

How old?

My kids are the ONLY reason I kept Netflix streaming. They have awesome selection of childrens content.

Excellent customer service from them.

(don't tell anyone, but the streaming only plan is a freaking STEAL!!!!!!!)

Excellent customer service from them.

(don't tell anyone, but the streaming only plan is a freaking STEAL!!!!!!!)

Matter of pespective. It's definitely worth what we get from it.

I would, however, gladly pay double, or even triple if the streaming selections matched that of DVD selections.

How old?

My kids are the ONLY reason I kept Netflix streaming. They have awesome selection of childrens content.

11, 3, 1.5

11yo LOVES TV

3yo likes TV 50% of the time

1.5yo is pretty much "WTF is TV, give me a GD table to climb on and a cell phone to drop in the toilet!"

Netflix does have a very good selection of childrens content, I totally agree. I would personally prefer they were outside in tree's, riding bikes, building forts, etc.

I've never had an issue with there service. I've not received disk due to my error and they were cool about it.

Might I suggest that next time you get good service like that you take the rep's name or ID number? Getting a glowing review from a customer can sometimes be the difference between employment and unemployment and can lead to raises/promotions. If nothing else you might cancel out the rep's bad experience with the livid customer that they inevitably had...

Good point Cream, and I usually try to do that... this just took me so by surprised I didn't even think about it!

Back