Neighbors From HELL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the overly involved, but who stomps on the floor? Seriously? I've jumped up and down and let out an occasional scream. It's more the stomping, and screaming. Not to mention playign that annoying Jay-Z and Alicia Keys New York song.

Did have something happen that pissed me off pretty good though.

Sometimes we leave the apartment door unlocked. We shouldnt, but we do. Yesterday evening we get a knock on the door... upstairs neighbor is asking to turn down the thermostat (the one in our apt. runs the whole house). "Shucks, Bob" I say "the thermostat hasnt worked in days..." "Oh, its fine now, I changed the batteries."

I had a similar thing with the neighbors I mentioned in my OP. When I went on vacation for more than a few days the daughter would sometimes feed my cat. I'd give her a key and pay her a few bucks. She was actually pretty responsible.

One time I had a small flood in my basement because my sump pump failed. I installed a new sump pump, but had to leave right after I installed it. It was really bothering me. I was worried that it might fail while I was gone.

I called my neighbor, knowing that his daughter had a key for the cat. I left him a message asking if he'd mind going over and checking on my sump pump. I waited a couple of hours, but I didn't hear back. I called him again and he answered. I asked him if he'd checked my sump pump and he said "Yeah, I'm in your basement right now - it's fine". I heard the TV in the background. He was sitting in my basement watching a football game. He told me his cable was shut off and he knew I had Sunday ticket. He said he knew I wouldn't mind since his daughter was watching the cat.

Needless to say, locks were changed when I go home and the cat goes to a kennel now.

It's not the overly involved, but who stomps on the floor? Seriously? I've jumped up and down and let out an occasional scream. It's more the stomping, and screaming. Not to mention playign that annoying Jay-Z and Alicia Keys New York song.

I'm guessing it's a mixture of beer and adrenaline. I agree with the Jay-Z song though. That would have put me over the edge.:D

I had a similar thing with the neighbors I mentioned in my OP. When I went on vacation for more than a few days the daughter would sometimes feed my cat. I'd give her a key and pay her a few bucks. She was actually pretty responsible.

One time I had a small flood in my basement because my sump pump failed. I installed a new sump pump, but had to leave right after I installed it. It was really bothering me. I was worried that it might fail while I was gone.

I called my neighbor, knowing that his daughter had a key for the cat. I left him a message asking if he'd mind going over and checking on my sump pump. I waited a couple of hours, but I didn't hear back. I called him again and he answered. I asked him if he'd checked my sump pump and he said "Yeah, I'm in your basement right now - it's fine". I heard the TV in the background. He was sitting in my basement watching a football game. He told me his cable was shut off and he knew I had Sunday ticket. He said he knew I wouldn't mind since his daughter was watching the cat.

Needless to say, locks were changed when I go home and the cat goes to a kennel now.

Oh no.. Thats terrible.. What a dick....
I find old nosy neighbors to be the most annoying, get a hobby or die. Mind your own busness and stop being nosy.

Oh no.. Thats terrible.. What a dick....
I find old nosy neighbors to be the most annoying, get a hobby or die. Mind your own business and stop being nosy.

Only until you have a neighbor who needs or wants to borrow something, I'm not talking about your lawn mower cause theirs just broke down in the middle of mowing their lawn. I'm talking about the one who wants to borrow

Sugar
Cigarettes
Tape
Milk
A Calculator
Stapler
Printer paper
etc

How exactly am I going to get a used cigarette returned to me?

Jeez I'm gettin off easy. On one side of my place the retired couple are never there, it's their summer home. On the opposite side is a nice retired couple too. Hes into fishing and hunting like me, and a real handyman (Not like me). He actually built my house for the couple i bought it from, so that comes in handy anytime i have a problem. He's offered me to come take his tools whenever I need them. He makes his own rums and wines, but not beer. He came over once when he saw me on the deck brewing an Irish red, he seemed interested maybe I can get him into beer lol.

I have a friend with pretty bad neighbors. I'm not sure what religion they are but one Christmas they came over and knocked on his door, asked him to take down his Christmas decorations and lights because it was against there religion. My friend asked him "why dont you put up some lights and decorations at your place, because it is my religion", and slammed the door lol

One of my first apartments, after moving from the country into the "city" of Daytona Beach, Florida. I was the neighbor from hell. A constant party at our place, noise, taking up parking spaces. When we'd finally get to sleep and upstairs neighbors knew it, they would start banging on the floor, same with neighbors to the right of us.... I don't know what they were using to just start banging on the walls and ceiling with. Twice a week we were called into the management office, threatening to kick us out. Culminated into a huge fight between me and a couple neighbors. I jumped on their car(double parked so my guests couldn't leave) and kicked the crap out of it. The next morning, 2 of them showed up on my doorstep, ended up beating the crap out of me. They agreed to drop charges against me for ruining their car, and I dropped charges for putting me in the hospital. :rockin: That was over 20 years ago... now I have moved back home and no neighbors...

BobbiLynn said:
One of my first apartments, after moving from the country into the "city" of Daytona Beach, Florida. I was the neighbor from hell. A constant party at our place, noise, taking up parking spaces. When we'd finally get to sleep and upstairs neighbors knew it, they would start banging on the floor, same with neighbors to the right of us.... I don't know what they were using to just start banging on the walls and ceiling with. Twice a week we were called into the management office, threatening to kick us out. Culminated into a huge fight between me and a couple neighbors. I jumped on their car(double parked so my guests couldn't leave) and kicked the crap out of it. The next morning, 2 of them showed up on my doorstep, ended up beating the crap out of me. They agreed to drop charges against me for ruining their car, and I dropped charges for putting me in the hospital. :rockin: That was over 20 years ago... now I have moved back home and no neighbors...

Sounds like you deserved a good beat down! :)

Sounds like you deserved a good beat down! :)

Yes, I did... one of them holding me down while the other kicking me over and over in the head, neck, and shoulders. I ended up on some good drugs for months afterwards, and they never did get their car fixed, far as a I know. Ah, the joys of being a youth in society...

I lived for about 6 months in a small house on a cul-de-sac, next door neighbor was a real piece of work. She knocked on our side door (a glass sliding door) one night asking for a glass of milk, obviously blitzed out of her mind. A few weeks later, she asked my roommate for help with something - she had a home breathalyzer machine that she had to blow into twice a day to verify with the police that she wasn't drinking, and she needed him to hold the plug in the wall so it didn't fall out. A little while after that she came knocking on our door again, and this time she was asking for a beer. It was about 9:30 AM on a Saturday, and her eyes were just about popping out of her skull as she looked into the kitchen - I didn't open the door wide enough to let her in. "Is that rum? Can I have some of that rum?" I asked her what the hell she needed beer or rum for. "I have to go to jail, I can't go sober, I'll go crazy!"

She had a kid that she only got to see about once a month, I don't think I ever saw the kid, but I did see her back over the kid's bicycle (and then the curb) with her Mustang and then peel out up the block - probably on her way to the corner store for booze.

Yes, I did... one of them holding me down while the other kicking me over and over in the head, neck, and shoulders. I ended up on some good drugs for months afterwards, and they never did get their car fixed, far as a I know. Ah, the joys of being a youth in society...

It sounds like you were a bit of a hell raiser in your youth.:)

I have many heroes here on HBT. You are now one of them. :rockin:

The worst I have is actually my neighbor's son. She's the old lady that keeps track of everything going on in the cul de sac. He lived just on the other side of the block from her - until his wife took out a restraining order against him. Mom was getting ready to move down to Texas for the winter, so he moved into her house. THEN I started learning about him. The neighborhood peeping tom, alcoholic, and mentally unstable. Heck, he's 99% of the reason I started locking my doors and leaving my .40 loaded in the nightstand drawer. I think during that winter and the following spring, I heard his sob story about why his wife threw him out at least 70 times. He's since been arrested three times for DUI, also for violating his restraining order, trespassing, stalking, and harassment. I'm hoping he goes away SOOON.

Prior to that whole episode, I had the Jerry Springer show living two houses over in the cul de sac. Too many stories to list, but my favorite were the nights they'd have a fight. She wouldn't make him go sleep on the couch, oh no.... she'd make him sleep in the friggin' CAR IN THE DRIVEWAY. Trust me, THAT always started your day off on a bright note... back out of the garage and see Mark stretched out across the back seat of their Gran Prix...

damn i have it good. you guys make me grateful for my living arrangements. great thread!

I can't complain too much about my current living situation, though I'm amazed how well I can hear things through the "concrete" walls and floors.
The guy below me has tourette's or Asperger's or something and laughs non-stop, 24/7. It's this creepy cackle that my girlfriend has accurately described as a "Tyler Durden laugh". I've gone to bed before at night hearing it and then woken up early the next morning and he's STILL going. No idea when this guy sleeps, though he does leave the building once in a while.
He has friends come in and out and doesn't make any noise otherwise, so I don't let it get to me too much. The guy obviously has some problem or quirk, but it's totally harmless.
Right after I moved in, I had a nice conversation with one of the guys in the building that included a story about the time he went out to his car (before I moved in) and saw that every tire in the parking lot had been slashed! :drunk:
Luckily, that hasn't happened again.

I live in the country or what used to be. I had a very private 9.5 acre. I never had to worry until I got some new neighbors. I am now surrounded by homes on 2 sides. No more using the world as my urinal. This is a pain since I brew in my barn (Fairly close to a neighbor). Sometimes I forget ( I am an old man. already!). I never see my neighbors and hopefully, they do not see me!:drunk:

damn i have it good. you guys make me grateful for my living arrangements. great thread!

I'm with you. The worst I got is a neighbor that always talks to me and my wife like we are ignorant because we are 30 and their in their 60's. Just about anything that happens is our fault if we are some how involved. I think it is partly because they were good friends with the previous owners and cant relate to us. I am just waiting for the wife to call PD on me for doing something she thinks is illegal.

I got spoiled with my first house and neighbor hood. If someone looked out of place going through the area we all knew their description and vehicle with license plate number.

most of my neighbors are great, however the ones that are not are just a major pain in the ass............and all for no reason.

Idiot # 1 & # 2..........the old folks down the road with a punt dog..........and their slightly less old daughter...........also with a punt dog. I have a decent size yard, and in our neighborhood everybody is always walking their dogs. I don't have a big issue if your dog does it's business in my yard, but d@mn, don't bring your dog to my yard specifically to do it. Both mother & daughter and their idiot husbands to the same thing. I called out the old mother one day, and she basically said that my yard was as far as she could walk. Unfortunate for her, I have 2 labs.

Idiot # 3 is basically an old hag that has nothing better to do than to complain about what everyone else is doing. Most of her complaints revolve around violations around our (very loose) HOA covenants. Line 1 in the covenants is that if you don't pay your dues, you forfeit your right to complain on such matters, and vote for officers. I am the president, so most of her frustrations are targeted in my direction. She has also called the law on me on numerous occasions for shooting squirrels in my own yard, and various neighbors yards who asked me to do so. We are outside of city limits, and it is perfectly legal. Once she even tried running a "legal" add in the paper asking to be notified of any illegal wildlife murder. Evidently they have not seen her walk out in the yard in her night gown......because that is way worse than taking a bullet to the head.

Just as a qualifier, our HOA basically exists to keep the street lights on......not one of those nightmare nazi state's that you read about.

Renting in a college town provides its issues. For two years we have been off campus living. The first year wasn't so bad for neighbors, except for the hordes of drunk kids walking down the street screaming about how drunk they are, taking our garbage cans, removing porch furniture, looking in windows, fighting, etc. We had a nice apartment, decent sized house with 1 family above us, one weird guy also above us and some quiet Asian girls next door. There were usually kids (maybe 3-4 years old) running around upstairs but it wasn't horrible. Kids are kids. But the other guy above us was creepy. He didn't talk much, always had Elton John glasses on, etc. One night we were up all night because he was screaming at a gf or hooker...idk. He was yelling on and on about him getting a disease (wtf?) and her screaming. I tried pounding on the walls but they kept going....all night. This happened twice. The second time the police showed up. Later that week we found out he left without paying rent, and left his dog outside his apartment for 3 days until we took it in ourselves and called the police. What a d***.

This year we decided to change our apartment for a much cheaper one. To keep a long story short this place is disgusting (drafts, dirt, mice, cold water, etc.) Our landlord and family live below us. One of the creepiest families ever. After we moved in we found out the neighbors hate them. Apparently the wife got in a fight with someone and drove her car through their yard and garden more than once. They put up hedges to stop her. Next her husband is socially awkward and rambles to himself all day long. It gets weird. They also have a creepy kid who also rumbles. And when his parents aren't home he screams and runs around talking to himself. In all honesty I would peg him as a columbine-ish kid. One night him and his buddies were hovering around my car in the lot wearing old army gear. A few times I would be walking into the house and he might be in front of me. He opens the doors then slams it in my face right behind him. Has done that a few times....They keep knocking on our door to be quiet (we're pretty quiet people ourselves), and then they scream and fight until 12pm. Oh and these people look/smell like their hydrophobic.

Anyway I feel much better when my bite you if you enter my apartment dog is home with the gf.

Kudos to us for trying to save some money. :D

The worst neighbors I ever had were in the first apartment I rented. It was a nice cheap place to live until the management changed and started purposely renting to college kids.

First there were these constantly drunk ass college kids who were loud as ****. And don't get me wrong I like to get drunk but give me a ****in break. Constantly running up and down the hall and screaming in the middle of the night. The straw that broke the camel's back was on New years one year they decided it would be cool to get drunk as **** and go into the attic and crawl around up there and fall through the ceiling in the hall way. They were gone pretty quick after that.

The other ones was this family with 3 young children who never left the house and the kids and the mom screamed back and forth @ the top of their lungs from 7 in the morning until 11 @ night.

I'm really happy I have the neighbors I have now that I bought my house. The neighborhood is quiet and the neighbors are all really cool. One of them is moving semi soon which is a bummer. But hopefully the next neighbor will be just as cool.

I have always had pretty good luck save for one neighbor currently living behind me.

There is a small right of way/drainage strip of land between our property lines. We both have 6' wooden privacy fences and this clown (an African immigrant that speaks very little English) refuses to repair or keep his fence maintained. It is falling apart, leaning over on my fence, and generally looks like crap. I frequently toss boards that have fallen off back over the fence into his yard and pushed sections back over into his yard off my fence.

He also mows his grass about 3 times a year. A few years ago in the middle of a dry hot summer spell he decides to grill out at about 11:30PM on his back porch. I only know he is grilling out because my eyes were burning from the lighter fluid fumes wafting over the yard. There was also a bit of a glow I could see over the better than waist high weeds that looked like dry wheat stalks. As you can imagine a few minutes later his entire back yard is a massive fire ball and it is rapidly putting his house in danger.

I quickly ran out and turned my water hose on the fence line. I quickly soaked as much of my fence and my backyard as I could. The fire trucks showed a moment or two later as I continued to soak my fence and they got his back yard under control. Later one of firefighters came over to tell me the neighbor (remember the no English) was trying to communicate to him to thank me for helping by using my hose. I promptly told the firefighter F*&% him I was just soaking my fence to try and keep his problem from becoming mine. The firefighter got a good laugh out of that, looked at the guys fence, and said it is just to bad they got there so quick. If they had been a few minutes later it would have take out most of his fence and he would have had to replace it.

The slightly charred fence still stands (leans) but now he mows a few more times a year and to this day he never apologized to any of his neighbors for nearly setting the neighborhood on fire.

He also mows his grass about 3 times a year. A few years ago in the middle of a dry hot summer spell he decides to grill out at about 11:30PM on his back porch. I only know he is grilling out because my eyes were burning from the lighter fluid fumes wafting over the yard. There was also a bit of a glow I could see over the better than waist high weeds that looked like dry wheat stalks. As you can imagine a few minutes later his entire back yard is a massive fire ball and it is rapidly putting his house in danger.

I quickly ran out and turned my water hose on the fence line. I quickly soaked as much of my fence and my backyard as I could. The fire trucks showed a moment or two later as I continued to soak my fence and they got his back yard under control. Later one of firefighters came over to tell me the neighbor (remember the no English) was trying to communicate to him to thank me for helping by using my hose. I promptly told the firefighter F*&% him I was just soaking my fence to try and keep his problem from becoming mine. The firefighter got a good laugh out of that, looked at the guys fence, and said it is just to bad they got there so quick. If they had been a few minutes later it would have take out most of his fence and he would have had to replace it.

That's an awesome story. I think you win so far. None of my neighbors has ever tried to burn down the entire neighborhood before.

I have always had pretty good luck save for one neighbor currently living behind me.

There is a small right of way/drainage strip of land between our property lines. We both have 6' wooden privacy fences and this clown (an African immigrant that speaks very little English) refuses to repair or keep his fence maintained. It is falling apart, leaning over on my fence, and generally looks like crap. I frequently toss boards that have fallen off back over the fence into his yard and pushed sections back over into his yard off my fence.

The slightly charred fence still stands (leans) but now he mows a few more times a year and to this day he never apologized to any of his neighbors for nearly setting the neighborhood on fire.

This made me think about a videogame commercial from years ago. Guy at his grill, putting like a gallon of lighterfluid into his webber and throwing the match. Mushroom cloud.

Voiceover: "Stupid? Yes. But at least he got to keep his soul!"

I think the name of the game was Soul Reaper or something... I remember thinking "wow... awkward turn this commerical just took"

CreamyGoodness said:
This made me think about a videogame commercial from years ago. Guy at his grill, putting like a gallon of lighterfluid into his webber and throwing the match. Mushroom cloud.

Voiceover: "Stupid? Yes. But at least he got to keep his soul!"

I think the name of the game was Soul Reaper or something... I remember thinking "wow... awkward turn this commerical just took"

This reminded me of a story about my dad years ago. My mother and father, and my mothers sister and her husband rented a cabin for a weekend a few hrs from home. My dad and uncle get a little drunk and decided it was time for a BBQ and instead of using coals they'd use the fancy new propane grill (this was back when gas grills first became available) that the cabin owner had left there. So with the cover closed my dad turns on the propane and the burners and checks pockets for a lighter with no luck. He casually looks around the cabin and about 5 minutes later finds a book of matches. He strikes a match and sticks starts to poke it into the lighting hole in the BBQ. In his own words " I heard a bang, next thing I remember I'm on my back, open my eyes and the lid is 50ft in the air coming down at me fast!"

Sounds like homer sympson. And the HOA nazis are all around me. Richest ones in the development by the look of their yards. I'm about the poorest. Just bought it because of a wive & 6 kids. Lucky me. Damn,I wish I could afford to move. The country might be great.

My mothers neighbor at times likes to come over, (unannounced of course) , with his gun and check for black people or Mexicans, or just anybody he doesn't like, that is in the area. I still have to post more about this story. Its just a tease for now. Bob is a really wacko though

I've been in my apartment for 10 years. It's been a string of bad neighbors until recently. There was the tweaker who would be wrenching and banging on mowers and whatnot at all hours. The landlord said after they moved that he had even removed all the cabinets in the kitchen and reinstalled them, poorly. Another neighbor was the owners attempt at Section 8. She was nice enough, but had three little kids from 3 dads. Dad #2 would force his way in everytime he got paroled and fight with dad #3 until the cops showed up again. She would store her trash full of dirty diapers in the garage until her weekly walk 50 feet to the dumpster.

Current neighbors fall into the acceptable category. One is a reformed gangbanger with two young kids. I can handle the occassional request for "Hey, hey mayng, can I borrow two breads?", and the guy on the other side working on his Harley 9am on Saturday mornings when I was hoping to sleep in.

I think the worst person in my apartments has always been the manager (not the owners). You couldn't tell the first guy anything without him threatening to throw you out. He said we couldn't fix anything, it had to go through him. A spring on the garage door broke, no biggie. I tell him the next time he's around and he asks what I did to break it? If he finds out that I broke it on purpose, we'll be getting a 30 day notice.

He called me and said the owners had come by the apartments and saw my pool table in the living room (been there a year already) and that I had to get rid of it because it will ruin the carpet. I called the owner to explain it had been there a year already and any damage is done, can I keep it? Owner says he hasn't seen in my apartment, and doesn't care if I have a pool table, the manager made it up.

We only have street parking. The old lady next to the manager had a son on leave come home and park his car in front of the managers apartment. The manager went to the old lady's door and screams at her that he is going to have the car towed if it's parked in "HIS" spot again. She is in tears by the time the manager leaves. Her son gets out of the shower and finds his mom in tears. He knocks on the managers door, door opens, punches him in the face and leaves with a warning about treating his mom as such. The manager calls the cops. Cops talk to both parties, then tell the manager if he threatens anyone again for parking on the public street they'll arrest him.

Tweaker neighbor threw a car tire in the dumpster. Manager knows I work on "cars", so he tells my roommate this is MY last warning about tires in the dumpster. I owned a lifted truck and a motorcycle, nothing with car tires.

I took up homebrewing, and he saw buckets and tubing one day while collecting rent. He went out of his way to tell ALL the neighbors to keep an eye on me because I'm making meth.

If anyone cares, I can fill a page with this kind of crap, and the stories from friends that are property managers. Nudist tenants, rural farming, and more manager kharma.

The nudist neighbors reminds me of a story. My second apartment after the big fight and getting kicked out. The lesbians across the way. So one of them just got paroled and had to go back to prison in a few days, a violation when they got into a fight and cops showed up. So she's pissed that I am sun bathing on my patio and that her girlfriend might see me. Calls the cops on me. I wasn't naked!!! Just wearing a thong bikini and had unsnapped the top to avoid tan lines. I can see how they thought I was naked though. Cop shows up, all smiles. I'm half asleep. So now the cop wants to kick them out and move in next door.

Another time, same apartment, same lesbian neighbors, the one not going back to prison asks me for a ride to go pick up her daughter. Didn't know she had a kid. Fine, whatever. We get there, she opens up the side door of my Dodge Caravan, knocks on the door, little girl answers. So my neighbor grabs her and starts running towards my van, hops in with the little girl screaming "Go!! Go!!!" People are running out of the house, one of them toting a gun, I go!!!!! Dear lord, I just participated in a kidnapping!!!

I think the worst person in my apartments has always been the manager (not the owners). You couldn't tell the first guy anything without him threatening to throw you out. He said we couldn't fix anything, it had to go through him. A spring on the garage door broke, no biggie. I tell him the next time he's around and he asks what I did to break it? If he finds out that I broke it on purpose, we'll be getting a 30 day notice.

He called me and said the owners had come by the apartments and saw my pool table in the living room (been there a year already) and that I had to get rid of it because it will ruin the carpet. I called the owner to explain it had been there a year already and any damage is done, can I keep it? Owner says he hasn't seen in my apartment, and doesn't care if I have a pool table, the manager made it up.

We only have street parking. The old lady next to the manager had a son on leave come home and park his car in front of the managers apartment. The manager went to the old lady's door and screams at her that he is going to have the car towed if it's parked in "HIS" spot again. She is in tears by the time the manager leaves. Her son gets out of the shower and finds his mom in tears. He knocks on the managers door, door opens, punches him in the face and leaves with a warning about treating his mom as such. The manager calls the cops. Cops talk to both parties, then tell the manager if he threatens anyone again for parking on the public street they'll arrest him.

Tweaker neighbor threw a car tire in the dumpster. Manager knows I work on "cars", so he tells my roommate this is MY last warning about tires in the dumpster. I owned a lifted truck and a motorcycle, nothing with car tires.

I took up homebrewing, and he saw buckets and tubing one day while collecting rent. He went out of his way to tell ALL the neighbors to keep an eye on me because I'm making meth.

If anyone cares, I can fill a page with this kind of crap, and the stories from friends that are property managers. Nudist tenants, rural farming, and more manager kharma.

Wow that blows. Got to say I would have taken a swing by now....

The nudist neighbors reminds me of a story. My second apartment after the big fight and getting kicked out. The lesbians across the way. So one of them just got paroled and had to go back to prison in a few days, a violation when they got into a fight and cops showed up. So she's pissed that I am sun bathing on my patio and that her girlfriend might see me. Calls the cops on me. I wasn't naked!!! Just wearing a thong bikini and had unsnapped the top to avoid tan lines. I can see how they thought I was naked though. Cop shows up, all smiles. I'm half asleep. So now the cop wants to kick them out and move in next door.

Another time, same apartment, same lesbian neighbors, the one not going back to prison asks me for a ride to go pick up her daughter. Didn't know she had a kid. Fine, whatever. We get there, she opens up the side door of my Dodge Caravan, knocks on the door, little girl answers. So my neighbor grabs her and starts running towards my van, hops in with the little girl screaming "Go!! Go!!!" People are running out of the house, one of them toting a gun, I go!!!!! Dear lord, I just participated in a kidnapping!!!

I have lived in NYC for over a decade and I can truly say that my life is not as exciting as yours...

Reactions: Dan
I have lived in NYC for over a decade and I can truly say that my life is not as exciting as yours...

Well, that was my younger years, moved back home to the farm now. Still have some exciting days though, chasing off trespassers trying to hunt and fish. Just protecting the family land.

When the cops showed up, again, after the kidnapping, they spotted the get away vehicle right away. Knocking on my door. Hello? How can I help you? Lucky for me, I look like a blonde idiot. Huh? Really? I didn't know... Both lesbians were away in jail for several weeks after that. Ah, some peace and quiet.

Hmmm.. Let's see. There was the gay elderly man who was on insulin and would ask neighbors to stick him in the butt. No, so don't ask. Then I moved into a house in the hood, those neighbors were nuts, 10 indoor dogs, 3 outdoor, and they couldnt remember how many cats. It took a skid steer to clean the litter in the back yard. Man, hot summer days were putrid. Yes, the city condemned it and knocked it down. Then there was the crazy people upstairs that got the whole house infested but i moved out when the first roomate was shot in the alley buying dope and the replacement roomate called in a suicide threat bringing the cops to the house. Man, animal control was trying to collar my dog after breaking out the door window. I almost got locked up for assault when i went after him. The best one was actually "The landlord" story......

I found this apt from a friend and this landlady allowed dogs so I jumped on it. After a month things started to break, first the heater (no biggie) it's the deep south. Then the sink started leaking (no biggie) easy fix. Then we started to have to turn the right rear stove burner on to get the kitchen light on. Ok, that's weird. Still no response from the land lady. Getting ready to take a shower Swmbo and I step in and WHAM my ass is on the ground butt naked. The tub is freaking electric! still nothing from the landlady. But, first thing Monday she leaves a note, "$100 discount if we pay a week early" now, wtf, right? Nope, a man shows up with a handwritten note, "you're being evicted", so i call and he says I don't have a lease, I show him said lease. He answers, the landlady doesn't own and has never owned this property or the other 8 she was renting out and COLLECTING rent on. Man, 8 grand a month for 12 months. So I sued, nope chapter 7 protection. Oh well.

And that's not the last place I've lived here. I tell you, you wouldn't believe it if I told you how crazy Savannah is!

Only time I have ever gotten the police involved with the neighbors is when the guy across the street (oh he of pants thrown out the window fame) started shouting "help me!"

Turns out he's still just crazy, but I figured on the off chance he was in serious trouble I'd want someone to save my arse too...

Hmmm.. Let's see. There was the gay elderly man who was on insulin and would ask neighbors to stick him in the butt. No, so don't ask. Then I moved into a house in the hood, those neighbors were nuts, 10 indoor dogs, 3 outdoor, and they couldnt remember how many cats. It took a skid steer to clean the litter in the back yard. Man, hot summer days were putrid. Yes, the city condemned it and knocked it down. Then there was the crazy people upstairs that got the whole house infested but i moved out when the first roomate was shot in the alley buying dope and the replacement roomate called in a suicide threat bringing the cops to the house. Man, animal control was trying to collar my dog after breaking out the door window. I almost got locked up for assault when i went after him. The best one was actually "The landlord" story......

I found this apt from a friend and this landlady allowed dogs so I jumped on it. After a month things started to break, first the heater (no biggie) it's the deep south. Then the sink started leaking (no biggie) easy fix. Then we started to have to turn the right rear stove burner on to get the kitchen light on. Ok, that's weird. Still no response from the land lady. Getting ready to take a shower Swmbo and I step in and WHAM my ass is on the ground butt naked. The tub is freaking electric! still nothing from the landlady. But, first thing Monday she leaves a note, "$100 discount if we pay a week early" now, wtf, right? Nope, a man shows up with a handwritten note, "you're being evicted", so i call and he says I don't have a lease, I show him said lease. He answers, the landlady doesn't own and has never owned this property or the other 8 she was renting out and COLLECTING rent on. Man, 8 grand a month for 12 months. So I sued, nope chapter 7 protection. Oh well.

And that's not the last place I've lived here. I tell you, you wouldn't believe it if I told you how crazy Savannah is!
Goog dod I hope that was a typo. $8k/month?!?!?!?

Nope, she had keys to 9 properties she was collecting on. I actually managed to squat for six months while they sorted it all out. Ah, college days....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back