Need help finding a cooling pump!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmoor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding a continuous duty pump for my DIY fermentation cooler. I have gone through two types of pumps and for various reasons they were not working. The last pump worked well but ended up not being able to handle the duty and burned up.

I am pushing RV antifreeze from a freezer up to my fermenters that have stainless coils in them. Size of inputs and outputs are not that big a concern. 3/8 is what the system is set up for but I can use reducers if I find the right pump.

Any ideas?

I needs to be able at max to push 3 individual, 3/8 tubing 20 feet plus 50ft stainless coil. At peak height it is about 7-8ft in the air.

Also self priming would be ideal but I could manage if I had to prime it every once in a while.

Try surpluscenter.com - they have a several flojet pumps that are self priming. Also agrisupply.com has some more flojet pumps for 55 - 60 bucks.

This is becoming an impossible task. The best I can find has a temp range down to 45 degrees. I can not find anything that can handle the cold and is also continuous duty.

I have tried grainger, and McMaster Carr. I am just not sure what to look for next.

Back