Need Glasswork for a Custom Tap Handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lslbrew

Reaction score
I have an old glass bottle with a logo molded into the glass in the middle of the bottle. The glass is very thick and very heavy. What I want is the logo portion cut off the bottle then mounted into a tap handle. My initial thought is to mount it into a simple square topped handle.
My issue is that I would not know where to begin to get the logo cut out. I only have the one bottle so this is not something that I can learn as I go. It needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.
Does anyone know someone who can do this kind of work?

Find a local head shop that has in house (or local lamp work/glass blowing artists) and see if they can help. My brother used to blow glass and he has done some incredible things, though he has told me repeatedly reworking already annealed glass can be VERY tricky. Not impossible, however. Just my $0.02. Best of luck, hope that helps! :mug:

Latest posts

Back