Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still pretty ghetto...remember the racial riots there a few years back??

St. Joseph

St. Joseph is correct - not the view people are used to seeing of it.

Benton Harbor, across the river, is still very hit or miss. The new Art District is really cool and has some great shops. Drive another 2 miles north into town though and it's the same old BH it's been for 50 years - windows broken out, graffiti, houses that burned but weren't demolished. Considering it's on the lake and 2 hours from Chicago, it's amazing it's still one of the worst places in the midwest (like Gary, IN). It's really just too far gone to save, without someone buying half the city and redoing anything.

(I'm from that area) But enough of that. You're up @orionol73 !

1.jpg

Haha, wow, beginners luck. First post on this thread. At first it looked like mountains, but then saw the river. Guessed a big city near water. Guess I am up. Will post in a few.

That's it. It's funny seeing that mountain, because you can't see it from the city. Its longs peak I think, in rocky mtn np. Born and raised there. Your turn.

I thought that peak looked familiar. I recall a similar view traveling up I-25 from Denver to Cheyenne several years back.

Ever summit Long's Peak? I have a buddy in Aurora who says next time I come out there he wants us to go up it. You have to start before sunrise and summit before noon, then get the hell down before storms come in. I'll do it one of these days...

Skyline pic forthcoming.

^^man thats an awesome goal. No I haven't, but my FIL has done all 54 14k foot peaks and I have friends who have too. I have very few fears but heights are one :). Absolutely get off before storms, great advice. I have heard the keyhole gets slick if it rains and considering its sure death slipping off that slickrock, doing wet would be a.. puckering. There are a lot easier ones close by too! So next time you are here maybe bag a different one. Longs is one of the longest 14k trails. Most camp in the boulder field and then bag it the next day. This describes it well.....

"Done as a single day outing, the standard Keyhole route on Longs entails 15+ miles of hiking, 5,000 ft. of elevation gain, exposed scrambling with fatal fall potential and difficult terrain above treeline, where storms roar in with regularity. Add to that, many summer days are crowded with a wide variety of hikers, from couch dreamers to professional athletes -- many of whom will be knocking rocks down or causing a time consuming bottleneck. More than 60 people have died on Longs Peak "

https://rootsrated.com/stories/10-thing-know-hiking-longs-peak

I did Longs when I was in HS, went with my father and some other seasoned mountaineering guys. We camped overnight and started at 3am.

Longs is one of the killer peaks in CO. Capitol Pk is another. Not to be taken lightly, highly recommend training at altitude and summiting other 13ers and 14ers with similar mountain and weather conditions. The trail pressure is incredible, so many people in CO now.

Interesting. That's a very American-looking skyline. Definitely not Berlin.

Tokyo? I think I see a Mitsubishi logo on the grayish building.

Latest posts

Back