Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go. Should be fairly easy for anyone familiar with this area.

Attachments

• Aerial.jpg
    Aerial.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 120
So many flat roofs have me thinking a bit further south tho the trees do scream New England. But it’s so *flat*... which you don’t get much of in NE. Charlottsville va?

This is a very good picture. Really a challenge.

Probably midwest. Not thinking New England anymore, terrain is too flat. Houses with chimneys, deciduous trees, fall colors. Not deep south. Maybe around the Ohio valley or in Missouri or Michigan. Definitely not any city in Iowa, NE, WI, MN, KS, IL--been to all those in recent years. Nothing in the Dakotas has buildings that tall. pvpeacock said in US but not VA or OH. Strangest looking downtown I've seen, all packed into a few blocks. I don't see any rivers or lakes, though that could be behind the camera. Most river towns have their downtown areas right up to the river, so not Memphis, Louisville, etc.

I'll take a WAG and say Ft Wayne, IN

Maybe this is not an urban downtown. I'm starting to think this is more likely a suburban cluster of hotels, condos, office towers, etc. We have a few of those in Twin Cities 'burbs. So maybe this is a Chicago suburb. Schaumburg, IL?

Screenshot_2018-01-20-16-56-18.png
I'm just going to go...

With internet at your disposal here's a toughie but clues will give it away especially for the older +45 generation who enjoy SyFi movies. That's enough for now...

West Coast State. Small city <5000, at last census.

For the record I didn't use photo searching but researched the Furguson incident when Clayton popped up as the county seat. Googling Clayton immediately showed your picture. I think it's more fun to research clues. Pretty much if you Google this city it'll pop up with this picture. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Ok, first guess! Not Oregon. Get the time frame down with the hints. SyFi movie was popular big screen, big names.

Hint 2: California....watched the series as a teenager.

Last edited:
upload_2018-1-23_15-36-32.png

I am an idiot, i did not read the rules disregard this, im disqualified

Back