Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have spent a lot of time in santa cruz, so I would be sad if that was it and I basically never looked up from the beach. I have also toured the Hearst Castle and I don't remember all that. I think the town the Hearst castle is in is San Simeon.

Eureka, ca

My son just started UCSC, so I have been there a few times in the last several months. I agree that it doesn't look like Santa Cruz, but the two churches look similar to those in downtown Santa Cruz and the hints make me think he is referring to the movie Lost Boys. We'll see.

Ha! I ALMOSTED picked Santa Cruz! Lived in the area for many years...just like my CHOOSEN location. But the board walk would have been a dead give away. That's where "The Lost Boys" was filmed. The movie I'm hinting at was 1 in a series and a bit later then Lost Boys. SyFi...

Sorry Apple, not Eureka. Not sure what was filmed there neither.

Last edited:
My son just started UCSC, so I have been there a few times in the last several months. I agree that it doesn't look like Santa Cruz, but the two churches look similar to those in downtown Santa Cruz and the hints make me think he is referring to the movie Lost Boys. We'll see.
I lived in Capitola, Felton, Boulder Creek as a kid. Then after college got a job in the semiconductor factory off Deleware. Factory was about 300yds away was the beach. Across the street was a Wrigley gum factory. We always knew when tuitti-fruity day was. UCSC has a nice Astronomy program.

Funny city name!...Ha! It's a movie in a series. Maybe my math is wrong. 1st came out when I was a teenager. 3rd in my early 20s. I'm 50ish...

Small town, California. Looks like northern CA. Funny name...Weed, CA? At the moment I can't think of any other small towns around there.

Don't know the sci-fi movie reference, so that's not helping me.

Weed! Ha. Not Half Moon niether. Ok, Sierra Mountians..more northern central..shouldn't have to spend a 'gigawatt' of brain power for this...

Last edited:
Ok..you guys are killing me....I wonder if going 30yrs back in time or maybe forward..or maybe the old west would help your perspective!

Correction. It was Natural Bridges. Learned to play tennis on those courts circa 1990. My how things change. I used to go to Antonelli pond and practice Kung Fu at lunch.
20180124_214419_Film1.jpg

Step 1: Figure out the movie trilogy. Many clues are posted! Step 2: Which movie in the series was partially filmed in the California Sierra Nevada foothills. You know, more outdoors kind of area. Step 3: What's the largest city in the area.

My high school, Summerville Union High, was so small we don't play this city's high school football team even tho my high school and this city are seperated by only a 15min drive.

Not Bishop

I'll reveal at 9pm CST. Every clue is there...Google and Wiki is still available right? Just not picture searches?

I really thought with clues this would easy. Only 2 ppl even got the movie reference. I must be an old timer. Sorry, I'll do something different next time.

You shouldn't just flat-out reveal it. Where's the fun in that? Someone will get it eventually. Just keep giving ever-juicier hints.

Back