Name my beer ;)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Priemus

Reaction score
Trying to think of a catchy brand name for my only drunk at home beer, silly? yes I just want to start making some lables and I cant think of anything catchy, and I constantly see fantasic names for beers offered up in threads here.

So what have we got to work with?

Im a New Zealander.
I Live in Norway.
City Bergen.
Suburb is named Paradise.

Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking of playing on the Paradise bit, but cant think of an angle.

I agree with Pappers about the alliteration but Im going to suggest some others, also.

Down-under Transplant
Odin's Boomerang
Didgeridoo Brew

I agree with Pappers about the alliteration but Im going to suggest some others, also.

Down-under Transplant
Odin's Boomerang
Didgeridoo Brew

New Zealand not Australia :p

But the Odin bit, I like that, little norse mythology might go down well.

mauri malt madness

northern island ipa
tauronga lambic

since you are in a 'new' Paradise (and to misquote Milton):
Paradise Found!
Hey Milton's Madness? (make that one strong)

have fun and tooten tot voyaten

I ran a small comp among my friends for a Hoegaarden clone. Best offer IMHO was "Cloudier Shifter". You can't best a good pun!

hey is norway cloudy? i think that Aotearoa would be damn cool all by itself.

but didn't they just have an earthquake?

rock da house Red (use fake norwegian spelling with about 6 umlauds!)

Raak dahe Houuze Roozen

Since you liked the Odin reference, how about "Thor's Hammer'd"?

I actually have a beer named that. Though it started as Thor's Hammer.

My 5-year old son names all of my beers, and they usually involve either a Marvel or D.C. copyright infringement.

"Lost in Paradise"

You're in Paradise, but since you're a transplant who's drinking beer, it's like you're stumbling around drunk and lost. It's the most brilliant name you'll ever get, you're welcome

Naming your beers and making labels isn't silly at all. I do it all the time. I'll typically label a dozen or so out of a batch to give away as gifts.

3gKmeDp2dIiAxbDonwNp0ZGGFtkcTPH8qC6z5sqXdONo0iATrKwOKQtiYdgPD3dT0Nu-f52zDTCSbDbx3N4AOhmdUg=s512

u06gGJsabxyx73iqki3Pl0PfxFGDD_n1kVZrJU3D1_tIr6wZzCF7uY-uLxDqHj_7CEVP_4uo2y3iM545Ayf4229dDQ=s512

leaf

MQJTpxHYoKs8oo8RjOGZHbkmC36m5ZPIGiyn4M0D-Rd8W-SdZbckga4m4H0139vittlJzj5P43vFd2Dhg-zGz8u46A=s512

ZYg_dmHj32-VeuhIXSMFBr1a-bOVPUfi82F89ePuiDkEkDCmdYSuGM-Znj1vRWwYxdPdYpQKlvqGylWSnhka_10g5A=s512

How about kiwi paradise? Or armed & hammered for an IPA? All this reminded me of something my son & his buddy thought up at work with a certain brand of baking soda,a black marker,& a little imagination...:D ...Or maybe auntie's ale (Tina Turner's Thunderdome character)?

Since you liked the Odin reference, how about "Thor's Hammer'd"?

Such a good name its already been used ;)

There is microbrewery in the mountains in Norway called Aiger, Their Barley wine already snaffled that name.

Back