My latest batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evwoller

Reaction score
Just dry hopped my first all grain, and my first IPA. its probably a double IPA or something.

428615_337909896239507_100000614972776_1078528_1083465861_n.jpg

so excited I just had to put it up

its in the secondary, not enough fermentation to be worried.

the tape is because I always get the stopper/neck wet and then my stopper refuses to stay seated

there was about .75 gallons worth of yeast and crap on the bottom of the primary, it was nutz

its in the secondary, not enough fermentation to be worried.

the tape is because I always get the stopper/neck wet and then my stopper refuses to stay seated

there was about .75 gallons worth of yeast and crap on the bottom of the primary, it was nutz

I use the universal bungs and have experienced them jumping out of the carboy when they're wet. Nowadays I just dip the bung in starsan and set it on top of the carboy neck (I don't have any pets or children I need to worry about knocking the airlock off). I'll usually check on the beer a short time thereafter and if I feel the need, I'll push the stopper in a bit more. At that point it's drier and stays put.

Nice looking IPA by the way! :mug:

Thank you sir, it is not only my first all grain batch ever, it is also my first IPA.

Its 14lbs domestic 2 row, 4oz aromatic, 12 oz caramel, 8 oz victory. The hops were mostly substituted at the lhbs from what i originally intended, some of the varieties have some pretty outrageous names. Chinook and cascade were included in the mix but there was some name I doubt I will ever remember and sounded very german in nature. The other was something like falcons flight, or something about a falcon... in total about 7 oz of hops used. Wishing I could taste it now.

Find you're receipt and write down what you used. You won't be able to reproduce it if you can't recall what was in it.

Got the packages etc around still, just being lazy after work on saturday. Along with the amounts, boil time, etc. I have everything I need to do it again if need be. I was using this as a base recipe but the lhbs didn't have the hops I wanted. if it goes well I am wanting to start oaking this.

Back