My hydrometer died of old age.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom

Reaction score
101 batches and 5 years later my original hydrometer kinda just fell apart while cleaning it. RIP hydrometer...I think 5 years is past it's expectant life span.

IMG_20160908_162858507.jpg

101 batches and 5 years later my original hydrometer kinda just fell apart while cleaning it. RIP hydrometer...I think 5 years is past it's expectant life span.

that exceeds my average lifespan of hydrometer... by about 4 years!

5 years? It's nothing.
I've used an 38 yo hydrometer in a brewery I worked at.
It showed a little bit more gravity than there actually was (around 0,5 points plato).

8t6tdmwyhs9h68gzg.jpg

PRL - "The Polish People's Republic (Polish: Polska Rzeczpospolita Ludowa, PRL) covers the history of Poland under communist control between 1952 and 1989."

Mine died of new age a month ago or so when it hit the concrete brew floor.... I had a spare though...

Earlier today I got an email from NB about a new hydrometer they're selling. (link).

I still have my original that came with my brew kit and one I bought about 6 months ago as a spare. What do you all think of this one? I like the idea of an unbreakable hydrometer.

Back