• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

My handblown Glass for your equipment....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to echo what others were saying. The cones look great! I have always been a fan of blown glass since seeing it done as a little kid. But those are just sweet. Well done.

Wow.... those are incredible.

You seriously need to take those and sell them. If I were you I would find a micro brewery nearby and sell those as there tap handle. That is an awesome show piece and would really look good in a tap lineup.

I am really interested to see how the whole assembly looks!

Go Smithville! I may be able to part with a keg or two, I have a couple that need some work, and shipping won't be an issue!

im making a handfull of them, and can make more...dont worry theres enough hop cones for every one!!!:mug:

Some unsolicited advice to help us help you....

I (like many of us) have spare equipment sitting around that could be of interest to you. If you edit your original post and put a list of what you are looking for, we could see if what we have will work for you, instead of blindly making suggestions. I would definitely be interested in one of the hop cone tap handles... let me know what you are (specifically) looking for and I'll go rummage around in the brewery:D

I think you've tapped a whole new market here andynaj.
The hop cones are excellent. I can imagine a goblet based on the hop cone theme. Wish i had some stuff to trade but I'm still collecting.
Good luck and brew sooner than later.

These are awesome. I would love to get one of the hop tap handles. Also, I might be interested in a mug (not sure what it would look like). I'm not sure what I have that you might be interested in though... I have a secondary co2 regulator I could part with, no primaries though.

Thank you for posting this. I live in Frankfort and they have food grade drums as well for $12. I just saw a thread yesterday about making a smoker with a food grade drum on here.

Haha that's a good idea. I thought about that too when I went. They also have food grade plastic barrels in 10-20 gallon perfect for a primary. Now if I can just justify making that much beer or wine at once...... :mug:

Barrels.JPG

I too would like to see a picture of the hop on a wood base..

I have some small green portraits of dead presidents that i can barter :)

my appologies for not putting up pictures yet, i have all the cones and bases made, i am assembling them, i now have barley taps also, my students gave me a rough week...please email me at [email protected], its the easyest way to get a hold of me my pm box fills instantly...
pics asap!!!
thanks for understanding

any updates on the handles with the base on them yet? Not rushing at all, just excited to see em finished! :mug:

there gluing, ive just been super busy, i work at a university and these kids(i say kids but there in there 20s)
are driving me nuts
:mug:

oh man that is sooo nice! beautiful work. i i hope you can still make more when i build my kegerator

I like it.. Don't have anything to trade but my be interested in buying one. I'll give you a little more time though I have a feeling you will get even better at making these.

I believe he said $50 (shipped) and hit him up via his email address (as his PM box fills quickly)

Nice work BTW

thanks joe!!
i haven't forgotten about the handles, i have a pretty big order to fill, i didnt think that so many people would want them!!! i have a list and am going down it, i need to make a couple more and ill contact you guys asap, thanks for understanding and brew on!!!!

Just got this in the mail through a trade and thought I would give my feedback.

WOW!

First off, the tap handle is much bigger than I imagined -- about twice as big. It weighed in at 1.3 lbs (the wooden Avery handle next to it in my photo is 0.7 lbs) and really is a quality piece of work. Beautiful shades of green (photos don't do it justice), looks just like a hop cone, and feels like it was made to fit in your hand. Nice wooden mount, too. Can't say enough good things about this guy. Thanks!

cone1.jpg

cone2.jpg

Those are cool! I was talking to my son the other day about some of the goofy products that came out in the 70's. Ronco came to mind. I was telling him about a device that used to cut the top off of beer bottles to make glasses out of but, the glasses usually were really fragile and wound up breaking because of the lack of reinforced lip at the top! (my dad was a beerhound.. ;) )

Anyway, I think yours make better sense.. :) Nice job!

Can we see what hop handles are left? I'm interested for sure! Heck I'd even be willing to take one without a base if its a hassle (I build furniture). Very cool work my friend!

I did a little enhancing on your pic, it was off color and underexposed, probably because of the whiteboard behind the taps. Is this closer to the actual color?

cone2.jpg

Yes that is much closer, thanks. I took one with the flash and thought it was overexposed and fake looking. But that is pretty close. It's tough to get a representative photo, because the glass becomes somewhat translucent at the thinner parts, giving the illusion of being lighter in color there. It's a really nice effect when you have light shining on it -- almost glows.

Whatever happened to these?

I was dreaming of tap handles, and wondered how awesome it would be to have one of these, but - wait for it - with a grenade handle in it. Sort of like the BN Army logo:

30585_1292743475465_1136630998_30694523_5819770_n.jpg

Back