muntons Blonde kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikko

Reaction score
Hi, i purchased a muntons kit that asks for 1kg of dextrose sugar, is there any other substitution i can use instead of dextrose. DME, LME, Honey. and if so how much of it do i need to replace the 1kg of dextrose? I was also thinking of buying 4lb's of 2-row and putting it in the oven for a hour in 3litres of water and straining that out. and adding the 3litres to the kit? what do you guys think let me know please.

your replies are appreciated.
thanks.

The simplest thing to do is replace the 1KG of dextrose with 1.2KG of the lightest DME you can find. If you want to try mashing some 2-row I would do a little research (check through here and on the wiki, also howtobrew.com).

And welcome to HBT! :mug:

I used plain table sugar my first time for both fermenting and priming. I let it brew longer by a few days and after about 2 weeks in the bottles it was great. Oh and I used a secondary fermenter after.

You can use table sugar instead if dextrose, it is similar. However DME or dry malt extract is going to taste much better. But it costs a lot more. Your homebrew shop might also sell brew enhancers - these are a mix of dextrose and DME and are a better choice than table sugar but cheaper than DME.

Back