Moving Undercarbed Beer from Bottle to Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celticcolorado

Reaction score
I have a question I was hoping I could get some help on. I had made a stout a couple of months ago that I naturally bottle carbed. Evidently I went a little too light on the corn sugar as it is really under carbed.

Is it possible for me to dump all of the bottles in a keg and force carb even though it is a little carbed already... or will this result in it then being over carbed?

I have a question I was hoping I could get some help on. I had made a stout a couple of months ago that I naturally bottle carbed. Evidently I went a little too light on the corn sugar as it is really under carbed.

Is it possible for me to dump all of the bottles in a keg and force carb even though it is a little carbed already... or will this result in it then being over carbed?

Yes. The pressure you set your keg at is the most important factor along with temperature. Beer absorbs c02 best at cool temps, so set at 43*f and 11lbs psi. for a stout. Good luck...

you risk exposing your beer to oxygen. Whats worse in your opinion, the possibility of off flavored beer or under carbed beer?

It actually came out very well. I was extremely careful about pouring gently so as not to add a lot of O2.

Overall it was a success as it took a beer that was not very good and made it drinkable.

Well....I bottled a bitter into 22oz bottles and want to enter it into a comp. I was thinking about moving them all into a keg and rebottling into 12oz bottles.

Back