moving beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rizomee

Reaction score
Gotta help my brother move. He has 2 5g carboy's full and 1 5g bucket full. Bout 20miles to move. Any recommendations? 2 are in secondary, the other one is primary.

keep from spilling and protect from sunlight! Really, I moved from south New Mexico to Denver last year with a five gallon carboy full of a very good old ale; put it on the floor of the car in the back seat and stuffed a bunch of things around it to keep it stable. Turned out fine, an award winner at the HBT competition even.

Gotta help my brother move. He has 2 5g carboy's full and 1 5g bucket full. Bout 20miles to move. Any recommendations? 2 are in secondary, the other one is primary.

I would rack the pimary in to a secondary if possible..the krausen contains dead yeast and the shaking and moving process will stir this back in to the wort...so if you can rack it away from this it would be great.
As for all of them, make sure to cover them so that they dont get exposed to sun, and if they are glass carboys...I would tape a towel around the center, because stuff slides of glass pretty easy and one little bump could be devastating.

Happy Moving!

Back