mounting fans in keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonhagen1

Reaction score
So how have you all mounted your comp fans in your keezer/ glue. Bolts and nuts I would love to see pics if posible thanks

I built a mount out of wood, the fan fit within a dryer vent mount, connected that to dryer tubing to vent the air down. Works very well.

I went a different direction with mine, I got a piece of 2' long 4" foam core pvc from Lowes and simply screwed a computer fan to the top. I then drilled a few 1" holes near the bottom of the pipe. The fan pulls UP, with a modified thermostat mercury switch to turn the fan off (and in the future a light on) when the lid is opened. Works great in circulating the air.

I bought a 120V fan with plug to use for a blower (link to fan). 3" PVC sits perfectly on top of it. I'm using a 2' section of PVC. I attached the fan to the PVC using ty-wraps. I had some pieces of plastic laying around that I used to make a stand for the fan. Here's the pics of my setup:

2012-12-08KeezerFan001.jpg

2012-12-08KeezerFan004.jpg

2012-12-08KeezerFan002.jpg

2012-12-08KeezerFan005.jpg

2012-12-08KeezerFan008.jpg

I wanted to put a fan in my keezer as well. Wouldn't the moisture be a problem for the electrical fan? Does the fan always stay on, or is there a better way?

I have my fan to cycle on and off with the freezer. I also tried it on continuous, but saw no benifit with my setup.

My keezer has one of those wire separators that separate the main chamber from the area on top of the hump. I just hung my fan on there with 2 zip ties, blowing sideways. It's better than nothing.

I used a piece of PVC pipe with several holes drill at the bottom and a 45° fitting at the top, then glued a PC cooling fan to that fitting so that it pulls air up through the pipe and directs it at the shanks.

30721d1311890401-mid-missouri-freezer-conversion-1107-fan.jpg

Mine runs with the compressor also, but I like Terd's idea of using a limit switch on the lid. My unit is down for repairs right now, so it's a perfect time to add it!

I have something like this. Will this work good enough if I just set it on top of the compressor hump? Is there a reason everyone seems to use computer fans? Maybe for energy reasons?

image-765556472.jpg

Most use pc fans because they're generally inexpensive, run on low voltages, and are sized for the task.

That desk fan would be at least an order of magnitude overkill. Maybe two. And it requires 110vac inside what can become a rather damp (if not outright puddling wet) environment...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back