Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my 05 Suzuki Boulevard C50

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

Heres a nice shot of Suzuki's 08 Lineup. We did a cool 80 miles through some great twisties today

08 VStrom
08 GSX-R
08 BKing

Parker_Lake_001.jpg

Parker_Lake_016.jpg

I love stroms. I will in all likelihood own one in the next year or so. That is if a klr650 doesn't convince me otherwise.

That's a nice custom job.

I am so itching to do this. Still working the SWMBO though. She did finally move from "NO" to "if you kill yourself I'll never forgive you". :D

Here's one that's for sale locally:

2006 with 4,500 miles...$5,600

View attachment 6939

I love mine. Fortunately for me, my wife is extremely supportive of my hobbies. She never said I couldn't get a bike, only that I had to wait until I could afford it. I bought that bike when I got my first "real" paycheck after I finished grad school.

If you like Suzuki Volusias or Boulevards you may want to check out volusiariders.com. It's a web forum for that bike and you may find some for sale listed there.

See above, I fixed that for you :D

Seriously, is that exhaust legal anywhere but the track?

That isn't actually my bike. I have the same exact bike though.
As far as conforming with emissions, yes its legal. It's a slip-on and still has the stock cat. As far as the noise ordnance, probably not.

I really like the looks of it, but it must be awfully loud like that.

My bike (see page 7 :D ) still has the stock cans on it because everything else seems to be so d@mn loud. I really like the looks of the motoGP style shortys, but I don't think I could ride without earplugs. If I could get the performance boost of aftermarket, and drop 10 decibels, I would pay $$$ for that.

Hey sign up and take the motorcycle safety course. Would that ease her mind any?

I'm definitely signing up for the course. I used to ride dirt bikes as a kid and had a Suzuki 660L some 20+ years ago. I just want to get some advanced training on the bigger bike.

SWMBO is more about "affording it" than the safety issue.

oh thats easy.

I pay for my monthly payment, monthly insurance, and gas on my motorcycle for what I used to pay a month in gas alone in my truck.

I mean how could afford not to ride?

Lately Ive been spending around 30 bucks a month for gas. A little more when I go out joyriding on the weekens, but not much. It takes 17 bucks to fill up and lasts 2 weeks if I just go to and from work

I'm definitely signing up for the course. I used to ride dirt bikes as a kid and had a Suzuki 660L some 20+ years ago. I just want to get some advanced training on the bigger bike.

+1 on saving the monthly payments in gas, if you have to justify it to SWMBO just do a run down on your gas savings, I'm saving around $180 per month right now. I own my bike right out so I just spend the saved money on beer stuff :rockin:

Well as long as the people Im buying it from can dig up the title I will soon be the proud owner of a 1978 Honda cb750f! It doesnt run right now so I have some fun ahead of me! I dont know if I can call it my "ride" yet but Ill post some pictures when I get it home. I do have a scooter but no pics of that now.

Anyone here ever restore a classic?

Don't have any pics, but I'm riding a 2000 Honda shadow vt600. Black, lots of chrome aftermarket parts, vance and hines exhaust, vance and hines carb jets, high flow air filter. Thing sounds like a beast, some of my friends with Harleys are jealous, even though I have half the displacement. :)

Just picked it up 9-18.

2,900 miles.
Vance & Hines Pipes.
Loud as hell.
Power converter.
Full leather backpack bundle (not pictured)
Fresh battery.

$4,900.

If you're in the market for a bike...now's the time. People are dumping them before winter.

p1020648uy4.jpg

p1020644xk5.jpg

p1020645jz6.jpg

p1020647hq0.jpg

My 2004 Victory Vegas...need a new picture of it though.

rob_vegas.jpg

And I learned that it's always easier (maybe not cheaper!) to get a bike if your wife wants one too.

bikes_work.jpg

Got a new one a few months ago:

KLR650
img_2031.jpg

img_1916.jpg

The fun I've had on this bike in the few months I've owned it. I've owned sport bikes, ridden cruisers, owned standards... and well they're all boring compared to the klr.
I will never not own a dual sport.

I would like a duc though :)

The fun I've had on this bike in the few months I've owned it. I've owned sport bikes, ridden cruisers, owned standards... and well they're all boring compared to the klr.
I will never not own a dual sport.

I would like a duc though :)

I submit the Terra Mostro:
2.gif

This is my commuter/ townfolk terrorizer.
2000 Kawasaki ZR-7

IMG_0473.JPG

picture taken in September '07 at Cathedral Park, Portland Oregon.

I commute 40+ (mostly freeway) miles a day on my lil 650 Suzuki Burgman scooter.
650-001.jpg

rearend1.jpg
Oh, and I can carry over a 12 pk under the seat if I feel the need. :) :rockin:

Well... the riding season is almost upon us here in Chicago and I can't stop thinking about it, so I thought I'd revive an old thread...

Here's my partner in crime:

2008 Suzuki B-King
DSCN0144.jpg

Cross-country trip, summer 2008
DSCN0164.jpg

That trip was solo & I felt like I needed a little 'company' at night... lol
9428_140404504705_502339705_2363912.jpg

Oh man, I want a B-king so bad. How do you like it. When I first saw these, I was ready to sell my 919 and grab one.

_

Oh man, I want a B-king so bad. How do you like it. When I first saw these, I was ready to sell my 919 and grab one.

_

Well, honestly, if you can swing it... I say don't hesitate. Buy one tomorrow. It is, without a doubt the most incredible machine I have ever ridden. :rockin:

How do I like it?? hah, Well, I might be a little biased, but IMO, it's the single most bad-@$$ bike on the market.

If you're looking for one, or thinking about getting one, now is the time to do it, because a) they're getting to be few and far between in the states, because they only imported them in 2008... and B) since it's pretty unpopular in the states, dealerships are looking to move whatever's left. A lot of them are going for about $8k OTD, when the original MSRP was over $13 (I think)...

Just my opinion - and I mean no offense to anyone - but if Americans weren't so afraid to step outside the lines on 'typical' looks of a motorcycle, these bikes would literally be the most popular bike on the road... It is a seriously incredible machine.

Riding it it, you'd never guess that it is as heavy as it is. It handles pretty darn well. When you're riding, it simply doesn't feel nearly as heavy as it "should" (FWIW, I also came from a 850lb cruiser - Suzuki M109R - so it felt like a feather to me after that bike...)

It's actually set up with a really nice riding position. I've done nothing to the ergo's other than a Corbin seat (more $ than it's worth), and have done plenty of 8-9 hour days with no problem.

The looks aren't for everyone, sure... But I've never gotten anything but compliments. Most people get stuck on the stock exhaust, which i agree, is pretty out there. But, I bought mine with aftermarket pipes (which I would have done anyway), so that's not been an issue for me.

Lastly - and most importantly - The power is absolutely outrageous. I mean, seriously outrageous. No, no... really... It's insanely powerful. BUT - it's also REALLY smooth. For as powerful as it is, it's actually pretty dang manageable. It's not "peaky" or "bandy" necessarily. It's just power whenever and wherever you 'need' it.

Latest posts

Back