DC Group Buy #17

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The roasted barley is taking a long time to close.

I know it is still august, but you need to brew stouts NOW for enjoying in the depths of winter.

Think roasted barely.

Sorry guys.... I am going to have to back out of the grain buy this time. Working on opening a 3.5 BBL brewery and need as much liquid capital as I can get. Wish me luck!

P.S. I will still be there for the buy, to assist. Also, I'll be opening an account with BSG and North Country Malt for bulk grain. Working on hop contracts, as well.

red: orders removed
Lacto: 5 more? I had you down for 5# already.

Open splits:
10# Carapils
10# Roasted Barley
10# Flaked Corn
10# Flaked Rye
20# Pale Chocolate

ok, ok, this is for a friend - i swear!

we would like to start a split of Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich 55 Lb. we'll take 30 lbs. if this doesn't close, well, it doesn't close. we'll live.

if someone would rather do Dark Munich instead of the Light, would be happy to switch.

Sorry guys.... I am going to have to back out of the grain buy this time. Working on opening a 3.5 BBL brewery and need as much liquid capital as I can get. Wish me luck!

P.S. I will still be there for the buy, to assist. Also, I'll be opening an account with BSG and North Country Malt for bulk grain. Working on hop contracts, as well.

Good luck! Can't wait to taste your beer. Oh, and the bourbon barrel is being put to very good use. :)

Hope I can still get in on this group buy! Please add me for the following 4 bags:

2x - CRI1002 (Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter)
2x - WEY1010 (Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Pilsner)

Thank you!

I have not heard back from 3 Stars yet on a date...seems we have a new person running the HBS again. I am getting painted into a bit of a corner here as I needed to get this done and out of the way before I hit the road for work. I think we are going to end up closing this a little later and pick up will be in OCT after I return. If we try to push for earlier, I am not going to be there and have to delegate. I am okay either way, but would like to be there to help make things go as smoothly as possible. Will update when I hear from our friends at 3 Stars. Cheers all!

T

I have not heard back from 3 Stars yet on a date...seems we have a new person running the HBS again. I am getting painted into a bit of a corner here as I needed to get this done and out of the way before I hit the road for work. I think we are going to end up closing this a little later and pick up will be in OCT after I return. If we try to push for earlier, I am not going to be there and have to delegate. I am okay either way, but would like to be there to help make things go as smoothly as possible. Will update when I hear from our friends at 3 Stars. Cheers all!

T

I can assist with the actual distribution and whatever needs to be done.

October is not that far away, the order will be larger...

we would like to start a split of Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich 55 Lb. we'll take 30 lbs. if this doesn't close, well, it doesn't close. we'll live.

if someone would rather do Dark Munich instead of the Light, would be happy to switch.
@stonebrewer i don't see this split on the spreadsheet... could you please add it?

Thanks guys! You're the best!! I still have not heard back from the new guy. May call this weekend if I do not hear back soon.

'Dre - will get that on, don't worry!

As it stands now, if we closed this week it would be a 1 OCT pickup. Think that will slip up to two weeks...more when I know it.

Tony

Tony, I shot the new manager a text last night and he should have gotten back to you. Things have been crazy transitioning over to the new manager, and 3 stars has been understaffed so we've been having to focus on brewery operations. If anyone has any interest in working part time at the homebrew shop please let me know! We are looking for people to fill a few shifts. There is a decent employee discount and other perks.

Can I add to my order

1 x SIM1002 Simpsons Finest Pale Ale Golden Promise 25 kg (55 lb)

please add to my order:

1X Avangard Malz Premium Pilsen

new split:

25# Avangard Malz Premium Wheat

Anyone want to split a bag of Rahr 2-row?

Every year my homebrew club hosts Chilibrew here in Baltimore. This year it's on October 7th. This is an amazing chili/homebrew competition for charity and is generally considered one of the best events of the year in Baltimore. We still have open competitor spots for both the chili (meat or vegetarian) and homebrew (5-gallon batch) competitions. As a competitor, you'll get a Chilibrew X pint glass (and prizes if you're one of the 18 winners). It's a $10 ticket and you'll get a free +1. One competitor ticket is good to enter 2 competitions. Here's a link to the event: http://www.chilibrew.org/

I promise you will have a blast. Also, if you just want to go as a guest, tickets are on sale and they are selling fast!

Can you add me in for

1 x Avangard Malz Premium Pale Ale 55 Lb
1 x Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1 x Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)

Thanks!

I hope this isn't too late. Please add the following to the order, thanks!

1 x Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1 x Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)

just a reminder: although it's not on the spreadsheet (yet), there is an open split of munich. any takers?

I will get the sheet up to date before the weekend. Trying to hook up with the buyer and figure out my work travel so I can set a date. Should know more by the weekend...I hope!

Thanks for having me in this group! I'll take some from the open splits (should close out Carapils and leave 10 lbs of Pale):

10# Briess 2-Row Carapils Malt 50 Lb
10# Crisp Pale Chocolate 25 kg (55 lb)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Check your orders!! I made a lot of changes today!!

Open Splits:
10# Flaked Corn
10# Flaked Rye
10# Crisp Pale Chocolate

@Jeanne: IF they cannot get Muntons, are you okay with Crisp? I think the last 2 times we were not able to get Muntons. Will try, but want to know what to do if it is an issue.

Stay tuned for buy close information. Should be soon!

Updated! That leaves 5# of Pale Chocolate and 10# of Corn up for grabs.

I plan to close this next SAT so let's close up the last few splits and be done with this one. I am thinking pickup will be on the 8th or the 15th at the latest, but I gotta run that by our friends at 3 Stars first. Stay tuned!

Back