DC Group Buy #18

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm willing to help with the splits.

I can bring some bags, but we'll need lots more. I couldn't get any buckets this time.

Scales are the limiting factor. The more scales we have the more teams we can have doing the splits.

Scoops, or any things that work as scoops, are very useful, and so is some kind of blade for opening the sacks.

Rob: No - I believe it was ordered. I will double check.

All: We have been told to not arrive before 12. I will send another email tonight if I have time and remember.

This might really throw a monkey wrench in it for me....

I hear ya! I talked to Mike today and he was apologetic and assured us that he would try to get things ready for us, but it is what it is. Half the grain is in and the other half should arrive tomorrow. I will know tomorrow night if anything is missing.

I hear ya! I talked to Mike today and he was apologetic and assured us that he would try to get things ready for us, but it is what it is. Half the grain is in and the other half should arrive tomorrow. I will know tomorrow night if anything is missing.

As luck would have it, it turns out to be better for me. My wife will be home by then and I don't have to find someone to watch the kids. So I'll be there around noon (w/scale and bags) and will help out as much as I can.

I would have felt really guilty not being able to help much given the fact that I opened about 10 splits. :)

I can be there to help with the splits, but need to get my grain and be gone by 1245'. I need to be in st Mary's city by 1430.

@alexnova: yes, please arrange for someone else to pickup, either in the group or a friend and let me know who to release the grain to. Worst case, I can take it home and you can come to Rockville to pickup...

I NEED HELP!!

Mike emailed me this morning and said he cannot make it, so I need someone with experience on how we do things to run honcho on the splits. I also need someone to make labels, if possible. Sorry to spring this last minute but the time change has caused a number of unexpected issues...doh!!

I NEED HELP!!

Mike emailed me this morning and said he cannot make it, so I need someone with experience on how we do things to run honcho on the splits. I also need someone to make labels, if possible. Sorry to spring this last minute but the time change has caused a number of unexpected issues...doh!!

Tony,
Buffalobillsbrew and I can be there to run the splits. We have 2 scales, 2 folding tables and can print labels out. Please email one of us the info for labels. We will be there around 1145-12. Sound good?

Tony,
Buffalobillsbrew and I can be there to run the splits. We have 2 scales, 2 folding tables and can print labels out. Please email one of us the info for labels. We will be there around 1145-12. Sound good?

You guys rock! Thanks!! I will email a spreadsheet to use for the labels within the hour.
:mug:

Today was a complete disaster, and I apologize to all that did not get their grain and have to change their brewing plans because of it. I think I have more bad news, as I think I might have to cancel the rest of the order. I will know for sure tomorrow but as people back out of their splits, it makes it too hard to get the order together. Stay tuned tomorrow and I will let you know both here and via email.

OK, so far so good. We had one person out and then back in, and now there is another. I will email him and see if we can work something out. I was contacted by Three Stars and they said they are ordering the grain. I plan to call them this afternoon. I will post here and email when I know something definite.

aww man, sorry to hear about all the toil and troubles. geesh.

i hope everyone loaded up tony with homebrews on saturday. lemme know when's a good night to swing by and lay a sixer on ya!

Tony - post up what the vacated splits are and hopefully the rest of the folks on this buy can take up the slack

Tony - post up what the vacated splits are and hopefully the rest of the folks on this buy can take up the slack

Right now, unless they change their minds (another person pulled out) we have 25# of Vienna and 10# of Light Munich that may be up for grabs.

<EDIT> Also a sack of Avangard Pale and another of Pils.

I'd take the sack of pale and be in for 10 lbs of Vienna

Also I'm not sure if I have other grains to be picked up

I just got an email and the rest of the grain came in yesterday. We are on for SAT morning to split/pick up. I will email folks tonight.

I will also let people know tonight if there will be any grain available due to people dropping out.

I just got an email and the rest of the grain came in yesterday. We are on for SAT morning to split/pick up. I will email folks tonight.

I will also let people know tonight if there will be any grain available due to people dropping out.

Hi folks. I am not going to be able to make it on Saturday for the pick up. I am in for a sack of Pale and a smaller split. Is there anyone that would be willing to pick up for me that happens to live near Woodbridge?

Much thanks.

zombiepiratemonkey was nice enough to hang on to my grain from last week's pickup, but I'd be happy to come out and help with splits and stuff.

Back