More kegging/foam issues.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibrew2little

Reaction score
Ok so riddle me this. I had a Scottish Ale I brewed, waaaaaaay over carbonated it. Or so I thought. Spent a few days bleeding off pressure thinking it would help... It didn't. So I started to think beer lines were too short. Went from a 5' line to a 10' line. Foam got worse. I pop the keg open and take a look inside to see even my beer is all foam. Hmmm. So I push through it. Let the glass of foam sit for 10 minutes to turn to beer and then drink. Miserable. I keg a Sierra Nevada clone I brewed. No problems. Actually not enough head. Same tap an tap lines, different keg. Nooooo comes my IPA. carbonated at 12lbs over a week. 10' of 3/16" line. Nothing but foam again. I'm lost. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I don't think there's any way that the keg itself can be full of actual foam... Have you checked the liquid "out" dip-tube o-ring on that keg?

Is the IPA in the keg that the Scottish Ale was in? or are you having problems with two different kegs?

Same keg. I'm an idiot. Figured it out last night. I transferred the beer to a new keg. I was looking at my beer out tube of the keg I've been having issues with. It's completely straight. So I'm wondering why. I'm pulling it all apart. Looking at my springs in the ball lock connection. Looking through the tubes for obstructions. Thennnnn I see it. The reason I have a straight dip tube is because it fits specifically in one spot of the keg where there is a indent in the bottom. So instead of my beer out tube sitting in that indent, it was sitting flat on the bottom of the keg creating a lot of turbulence coming out. Sooo. I'm good now. Time to re carbonate the IPA and drink up!!!

I don't think there's any way that the keg itself can be full of actual foam... Have you checked the liquid "out" dip-tube o-ring on that keg?

My Scottish ale was foam in the keg. I'm chalking that up to over carbonation

Back