MMORPG's - Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I completely agree. Its a huge time killer, with kids a home project myself (basement) a new baby on the way, and my brewing obession its hard to find time for everything. I just figure handling real life is better for me, so gaming has moved way down on my priority list.

What fantasy novels are you a fan of? Wife and I always like the Dragon Lance series.

LOL! +1 I know. You have to moderate it or get into trouble! I like reading fantasy novels myself. I've read most of the DL novels since they first came out, but some of the more obscure ones I have not got to yet. Weiss and Hickman rock! I've read a bunch of their other stuff too.

Right now I'm reading Terry Pratchet's Discworld series. Love them! Wish I'd gotten hooked years ago.

I've also read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, which started out gangbusters, then evolved into something so massive and difficult to contain in my own small mind, that I gave up at about book 9 or 10.

Artemis Fowl series my daughter got me hooked on. Not fantasy, but.. oh well I guess it is. Good funny action books.

Dennis McKeirnan, Orson Scott Card, Tad Williams... There are others, but I've not read as much since growing up and having job/family/school/house...

I've read many Dragon Lance books. I also like Terry Goodkind, Piers Anthony, Dave Duncan, David Eddings, and the list goes on. I have to admit that since I got a laptop and can take it with me anywhere I go in the house that I don't read novels as much. Prior to that I was a voracious reader. I finally had to start reading books from the library that were outside the genre because I couldn't afford to keep up with my 'habit'.

I won a PSP at McDonalds a couple of years ago, and have not upgraded the OS because I use it as an ebook reader. I highly recommend it for that. A Palm Pilot or Pocket PC works good too. I read at night before I fall alseep and in the bathroom.

I was addicted to the Warcrack for a while. I was one of the beta testers for it before it went public so I've played a lot of difference characters to the end.

I gave up MMORPGs because, truthfully, they're multiplayer. I was hoping that the release of Burning Crusade would put more emphasis on solo play, and supposedly it did, but staying competitive still required massive multiplayer raids. Married men simply can't devote 4 hours in the middled of the evening to running raids. As more and more people began realizing that, at the upper levels you find yourself dealing with three kinds of people - 14 year olds with nothing to do, chinese gold farmers and... you.

Rubies of Eventide is free. You just download it and then if you want you can pay the member fee and get dedicated server space and stuff like that but the whole game itself is free.

i played wow back in 2005, then quit when we moved. i recently got back into it, and have two gnome warriors running around. both around level 20. i play with my little bro and his friends, and with some friends from work. andorhall and deathwing. toon's name is uglygoat.

i'm eying over conan, but think i'll stick with wow for now.

Anyone order the Warhammer comics for closed beta chance? Mine haven't come yet, but i'll at least be in open beta when it begins.

never again will I play an MMO

started out with UO in the late 90s. Then went to WoW for some time when it first came out. Yea Maybe when Im in the nursing home later on in life and have nothing better to do ill join up with whatever is out at that time.

UO was awesome!!! :mug: It went to crap with the release of Trammel and has been pretty crappy since then, but man was that a great game back in the day.:rockin:

I was addicted to the Warcrack for a while. I was one of the beta testers for it before it went public so I've played a lot of difference characters to the end.

I gave up MMORPGs because, truthfully, they're multiplayer. I was hoping that the release of Burning Crusade would put more emphasis on solo play, and supposedly it did, but staying competitive still required massive multiplayer raids. Married men simply can't devote 4 hours in the middled of the evening to running raids. As more and more people began realizing that, at the upper levels you find yourself dealing with three kinds of people - 14 year olds with nothing to do, chinese gold farmers and... you.

I can see that at the upper levels. Maybe time to reinvest in a new character? I enjoy that you can play solo through most of the game, but I found that I really enjoy it best with my friends, so I try to get with them once or twice a week if possible to do an instance or quest.

They are having fun at lvl70 on their first characters, but not sure if they raid yet or not.

Hey i just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there who would want to play Rubies of Eventide with me. Im on Nemesis server named Bogart.

I just started playing the other day and the game is slow enough that I dont care when i quit. Plus its free to download and free to play, unlike the games that are free to play but you have to buy in game items/cash with your credit card.

I like the word 'free' and the ability to walk away easily. I've never played one of these so I don't want to commit to a campaign until I know if I like it. Bear with me and I may give you a call.

I hope I don't regret this....

Back