Mixed 1/2 IPA wort with 1/2 Cream Ale wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamG

Reaction score
Hi,
I usually end up with more beer in my fermenter than will fit in a keg, So I normaly put the extra 1g of beer in 1L bottles force carb them with a carbination cap and use that as a "taste test" that eveneing.

This time I decided before fermenting to take 1/2g of an IPA and 1/2g of a Cream Ale and put them in a 1g ferementer with some US-05.

Just wondering if anyone has done something like this with two completely differnt worts ?

I won't know how bad this experiment could be for another couple of weeks

Thanks,
Cam

Sounds cool. Pale Ale? Never done it but I mix at the taps sometimes.

Sounds like you'd end up with a pale ale. As long as the ingredients don't clash it may be a very good one.

Well if it turns out decent I may call it IPCA.... lol
I have mixed half IPA and half IPA dry hopped at the tap.

This is the frist time I have ever done something like this pre-fermentation.

I will make sure to post how it turns out.

Friday I am doing an Oat Meal Stout and an IPA.. I am not even going to consider mixing those two... ;)

Cam

Hi,
Well I forced carbed a bottle tonight using a carbonation cap to see how it turned out.
It's drinkable. It taste a little better than it smells, but I don't think i would do this again. Of course it's very green so I am going to age the rest just to see if it improves.

I also sampled the cream ale and the IPA on their own as they were going into the keg (forced carb with a carbonation cap as well) and they were really good. :ban: A couple of more weeks and they should be awesome.

So I just wanted to do a follow up with the results. It was an interesting experiment.

Thanks,
Cam

Latest posts

Back