Mint Extract Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
I just spent an hour reading all of the Chocolate Mint recipes and ideas on this site and I have a quick question. I've determined that I'm going to use the unsweetened cocoa and a mint extract, not the leaves.

So I've had great experience with Olive Nation Brand extracts, but I'm curious if anyone here has used any of their Mint extracts or any other companies that they were happy with?

Olive Nation makes a Peppermint, Spearmint, and Creme de Menthe extract. Peppermint would be most appropriate if you were trying to make something like a Girl Scout cookie Thin Mint Stout, right?

I got one in the secondary. I used a Spearmint Extract from Lorann Oils. Brewed a Chocolate Stout then added the extract to the secondary after a week. I was also looking for that thin mint taste. Hopfully in a few weeks I'll find out.

I got one in the secondary. I used a Spearmint Extract from Lorann Oils. Brewed a Chocolate Stout then added the extract to the secondary after a week. I was also looking for that thin mint taste. Hopfully in a few weeks I'll find out.

That actually sounds like a good beer ..Let us know what you end up with

thanks

Hey guys can somebody tell me that can we bring the taste of beer which comes after one or two years before time or within less time by adding some ingredients to it.

Back