Might need some ideas ....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brieuxster

Reaction score
Would this make a decent MLT or BK or HLT? I won at an Auction today "25 Gal Steam Jacketed Kettle" mine came with the lid too. Ideas how to best make this work?

kdl-25-t-1-55234.jpg

and Did I mention it tilts?

kdl-25-t-2-55235.jpg

It already dumps so a mash tun is the first choice I would select. I don't know about how to deal with the steam jacket without steam. Perhaps electric?
BTW: Pretty Cool

I don't think those work up in Canada. I would be willing to take it off your hands. :)

But seriously, a great find. If you could find or build a steam generator it would make a great boil kettle. Might be a little hard to stabilize the mash temperature if you decided to use it as a mash tun. At least with the steam jacket. Would probably need an agitator, or use a HERMS coil in the HLT, attached with silicon tubing so you could still use the dump feature.

Lots of possibilities with this piece of equipment.

What about its use for small batch malting of barley, every farmer nearby grows some "malting barley"( rather everyone hopes theirs is selected for malting) .

Back