MI being well represented!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keheal

Reaction score
Hello! I'm in the Tri-Cities area of mid-Michigan and just started brewing this year. I'm brewing wine right now, using a starter kit I got online. I'm excited to see how it turns out and try some different varieties. I'm looking for a place where I can go when I have questions. I look forward to talking with some of you!

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

What is it with you folks from Michigan and Wisconsin? I think we are being taken over! :D

Seriously, you came to the right place. There are a lot of great folks around here and I'm sure you will get your questions answered.

I assume that by tri-cities, you are talking about Saginaw-Bay City-Midland. If so, where exactly are you? I lived in Saginaw for 24 years. Do you ever shop at Cork 'n' Ale?

jroberth said:
I assume that by tri-cities, you are talking about Saginaw-Bay City-Midland. If so, where exactly are you? I lived in Saginaw for 24 years. Do you ever shop at Cork 'n' Ale?

I lived in Midland for a while and used Cork and Ale as well as the Eastman Party Store in Midland. EPS didn't have much stock, but had all the little things when I was in the middle of a batch and needed the missus to run and get a replacement bung for the carboy.

Good folks at both shops.

Welcome to HBT. We should conduct a census of how many Michigan brewers we have now.

Good luck with your brewing.

Raises hand! Hey, welcome! Like they say on the radio, "Bay City, Saginaw, Midland, Flint!" I'm from Reed City, but have passed by those towns a few times on business and pleasure trips.

I live in Sanford, a suburb of Midland, about 10min outside of town. I've been looking for a HBS and haven't had any luck. Thanks for the tip of Cork 'n Ale. I'll have to check them out. I'm getting ready to rack my wine for the first time tomorrow - a little excited, anxious, and nervous. I'm sure it'll go just fine. Anyhow, thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm a Michigan native. Any props? Crap. I hope Michigan's economy turns around soon. I hate hearing about how bad the economy has gotten over there. It breaks my heart.

Hi from the Alma/Mt Pleasant area:mug:

I work in Shepherd and work with a girl from Sanford:)

Keiths, my first name is Keith as well. Great name.

RogerK, what's the girl's name? It's a pretty small town so I may have heard of her.

YooperBrew said:
Welcome, and I'll try not to refer to any of you as "trolls", ok?

And we'll try not to use the word eh? a lot eh? :D :tank: :mug:

I'm originally from North East lower. Da Yoopers :rockin:

Welcome from Clarkston!

I grew up in Midland and I had a few friends who lived in Sanford, couple still do. My Dad's boat used to be a regular on Sanford Lake! Kinda wierd hearing someone talk about EPS... I used to buy beer there when I came into town (Now I've discovered Valley Produce on Patrick. WAAAY better selection!)

YooperBrew said:
Well, now we've got most of downstate covered, but only a few Yoopers around.

It's hard, I know..hailing from Marquette and currently living at the other end of the state being amazed at what people call "winter" around here. They close schools for ANYTHING!

Holly, MI.

Midland's got the greatest county fair! The Figure 8 Demolition and Demolition Derby on asphalt!!

Welcome!!!

YooperBrew said:
Well, now we've got most of downstate covered, but only a few Yoopers around.

Well I've got both ends of the spectrum covered, 8 months of the year in jackson, MI, and the 4 summer months on Drummond Island in the awesome UP:rockin:

html034 said:
Well I've got both ends of the spectrum covered, 8 months of the year in jackson, MI, and the 4 summer months on Drummond Island in the awesome UP:rockin:

4 Months on Drunken' Island???

I'm originally from Boyne City (nw LP)

:mug:

keheal, she the only Co-Linda I ever met

Latest posts

Back