Message!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My phone number has been selected for a free stay at someone's 5 star hotel! lol

i want'd to post in a serious thread about other stuff...but thought, DAMN WHAT ARE THE ODD'S...and thought it was better here. lol

that it is! but it's not offten a robo-bot actually leaves a message, so i thought it was note worthy enough.....

that it is! but it's not offten a robo-bot actually leaves a message, so i thought it was note worthy enough.....
Depends on the bot. We have a "free" landline that comes with our FiOS package. It's seldomly used, and the answering machine takes the brunt. All we get are marketing/robocalls, wrong numbers, and a few in-person solicitations. Haven't had a Windows repair call lately, wonder what's up with that.

In your case, it's way more fun calling them back and actually trying to cash in on the offer... That is... if the call back number is actually toll free. Many are in the Caribbean, and are toll numbers, or even pay lines.

The other thing that's fun is asking about the weather there...

We have a "free" landline that comes with our FiOS package. It's seldomly used, and the answering machine takes the brunt.

I've never even hooked up a phone to ours. Don't even have a clue as to what the number is.

We ported our old POTS number when Verizon finally strung fiber under our street. It took years to come up with a reasonably effective spam blocking regimen, so that was a pita. But the good part is call forwarding to my cell phone anywhere in the world in reach of a tower or Wi-Fi.

Cheers!

Back