MD Bulk grain buy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small world. :D

I had no idea you were a FOAM member. Nice to see we have some representation on HBT :)

By the way all, looks like there is quite a bit of interest, I'm tallying it all up but I'm guessing around 10 more bags or so.

I'm going to be adding some FOAM members to the spreadsheet, to the right of the spreadsheet I'm going to put FOAM in their column. I think the best way to do this will be for me to cover the payment for all their orders and then I'll settle up with them when they get their grains from me. That way you all don't have to deal with payments from people not on HBT that might be harder to get a hold of and such.

Joe had requested a different brand of Marris and Pilsner malts. He asked before he knew about the spreadsheet so I sent him an email asking if he cares about brand. If he does I'll just need to get 2 different brands added and move his bags to the new columns, I just put them there for now as a place holder so we know how many bags we have. Also I had 3 others ask for the catalog price list so I expect a few more orders in the next day or 2.

Do we have a more solid timeframe for ordering? I guessed and told some people within 2 weeks we would place the order. Maybe we should try to settle on a drop dead date?

I had no idea you were a FOAM member. Nice to see we have some representation on HBT :)

By the way all, looks like there is quite a bit of interest, I'm tallying it all up but I'm guessing around 10 more bags or so.

I'm going to be adding some FOAM members to the spreadsheet, to the right of the spreadsheet I'm going to put FOAM in their column. I think the best way to do this will be for me to cover the payment for all their orders and then I'll settle up with them when they get their grains from me. That way you all don't have to deal with payments from people not on HBT that might be harder to get a hold of and such.

Joe had requested a different brand of Marris and Pilsner malts. He asked before he knew about the spreadsheet so I sent him an email asking if he cares about brand. If he does I'll just need to get 2 different brands added and move his bags to the new columns, I just put them there for now as a place holder so we know how many bags we have. Also I had 3 others ask for the catalog price list so I expect a few more orders in the next day or 2.

Do we have a more solid timeframe for ordering? I guessed and told some people within 2 weeks we would place the order. Maybe we should try to settle on a drop dead date?

if foam will order 1 0 that puts us over the min 30... so i think order on Monday the 26th?

as of now were at 30 bag..... but we dont have enough to splt up the specialies,... i doubled my cut of them, but we need others to take some too :)

Well we have 2 options and the sooner we decide the better. We can either split the specialty grain bags into equal parts. IE, I would buy 1/6 of the crystal bag (9.something lbs) or we can say no to specialties. Those who want to buy them should make the choice.

I vote order them, we might get a couple lb's more than we want but at this point even crystal 40 would only be 9lb's per portion instead of 5. But I'm only 1 person, majority should rule I think.

But the reason we need to know is that if we decide to do that our total would be 33 bags, and we have a 42 bag max per pallet and I don't see us getting above 60 to make a second pallet worth while. I want to be able to tell any future FOAM people who email me, yes or no as far as space goes. I hate to tell someone yes then have to bump them.

We have not made an official decision on delivery... I think I have the largest order, and am fairly central, and am taking the payments... so probably TK PK!

it looks like we have 35 bags listed... is there any reason to not just order it this Thursday or Friday? it looks liek they wont deliver on Saturday... and im already of Monday and Tuesday next week... so then I wouldn't need to take a half day or anything :)

I'm also available next Monday or Tuesday to help unload and pickup and everything.
Also were really at 38 bags if the 3 bags that are to be split up are going to be ordered.

yeah and 42 is the max...... :D

its awesome you can help... you can also take some crap up to fredrick too... to make it easier for the FOAM guys... nice!

Data what you think?

also im gonna go ahead and pick a couple kinds of hops and order an LB of them, pm me if you want me to break any off for you!

You may want to keep in mind what the inauguration is going to do to the DC Metro area. They're expecting the population of Montgomery County to effectively double, let alone DC.

****, all the hotels even up by me are all sold out from people going to the inaguration. Traffic down there is going to SUCK!

I dunno... I think most of the streets into DC are being closed... I think anyone who goes is an idiot anyways :)

that being said Monday would be preferable!

OK I just got off the phone with them and in order for it to be delivered monday we need to place the order Thursday afternoon. So because of that

THE CUTOFF TO ADD OR CHANGE ANYTHING TO YOUR ORDER IS THURSDAY JANUARY 15TH AT 3PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also going to be sending a PM to everyone verifying their order so please make sure you respond to it.

Pallet is full!!!! I have also locked everyone out of the google doc so we dont risk someone chaning anything and me not notice. If you need anything changed PM me or Claphamsa.

Edit- Deconian- I wasnt trying to a rude. I just didn't see your post.

devonian, outside of me and one other i think everyone is ordering like 3 bags... so someone will do it again in 6 months!

Pallet is full!!!! I have also locked everyone out of the google doc so we dont risk someone chaning anything and me not notice. If you need anything changed PM me or Claphamsa.

Edit- Deconian- I wasnt trying to a rude. I just didn't see your post.

no worries. Thanks for the pm

devonian... you can still order hops. and were breaking up a bag of vienna, light munich and crystal 40..... pm me if your interested!

Ok, this has been ordered..... Many many complications :) yay

first off the wont deliver to a home, so she even said she would find a loading dock where it can be shipped to... so ill get an exact number tomorrow morning, and we should have it Monday!

does that mean we don't need to pay for the lift gate?

I have a Toyota Tacoma that I will bring anytime on Monday to anywhere in the area, just let me know the details. This is a half-ton truck though and not mine, SWMBO owns it and that means no more than 20 bags of grain in the back at one time.

ok! we will have 2310 lbs of grain and hops delivered to a terminal right off the baltimore MD, well pick everything up, hopefully we can send the Fredrick stuff with Yunus and the non Fredrick stuff with me! Yunus, hit me up sometime today, and we can make plans!

The CMC pilsen is not in stock... so she is substituing the 2 row pilsen (its slightly cheaper) if anyone has a problem with that let me know ASAP :)

ok, I got the final invoice... and I couldnt figure out google documents to edit the equations....so I just converted it to excel! and now I cant get it to upload to HBT...... grrrr

just make a new google doc under a different name with what you have then you can publish it as a website and just post the link

Back