Masterbuilt Turkey Fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drathbone

Reaction score
Masterbuilt Propane Turkey Fryer with Hanger and Timer is only $64.99 at Home Depot's website. Anybody have experience with this? Comes with a 30qt pot and seems like a good deal.

I have one. That's an OK deal on an OK brewing pot but now that I have one I wish I had a little bigger one. If you are doing a full volume boil and start with 6 1/2 gallons to end up with 5 1/4 gallons in the fermenter it will be pretty close to the top and would like to boil over quite easily. If I were buying again I would be looking for a 32 to 40 qt pot to boil in and maybe a little better burner too. When it was cold and windy one day I couldn't get the pot to boil and ended up bringing it into my kitchen and boiling on the kitchen stove.

I have used one for a few boils. I have since upgraded to a 60 quart pot on the same burner. Soon to upgrade the burner. It works fine for extract batches where you top up with water.

PS: As for the timer, I simply zip tied it dash and it works perfect. It usually cuts out every 30 minutes without it tied down I believe.

I've got approximately 15 or so batches under my belt with this fryer. Just noticed that the coating is starting to peel of the inside bottom of the pot. I don't soak it PBW or Starsan either. If I had to do it over again, I'd look for something a little bit better....but it was a good intro fryer to get me going.

Thanks for the info everyone. I just found some sweet deals on some pots (10 and 13gal with spigot) on craigslist, so I'll likely get just a burner to fit them.

Back