Masstoberfest 09/20

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome time yesterday! Great friends, good food and fine weather. Thanks, Paul & Alice, for your hospitality. It was cool to meet everyone, especially Hippie, who I feel a special bond with ever since he joined HBT a few years ago. Must be a hockey thing.

Can we do it again next year?

Jeff
(red Red Sox shirt)

He was brewing away and doing the most running around other then you. The rest of us were parked in chairs drinking, eating, eating, drinking.
Not that that was a bad thing.

What a great day. Beautiful weather, great beer.. All you guys rock...:rockin:

Paul, you were an amazing host...Thank you very much.

And now for my Homer Simpson inpersonation.. "Melana apple cake mmmmmaarrragammargragg (with drool at the end)"

Edwort maybe the king of appfelwein, but we can start a huge thread on the Melana appfel cake. Sloan and were ready to create a diversion and sneak the plate into the car.

Awe thanks! I'll make it again any time as long as BigJohn peels and cuts up the apples for me.

Hey all!
I would have replied sooner, but I was waiting for paul to lend me a keyboard so that I could type all of this out;) Actually, I had a hectic rest of my weekend, finally reading posts last night (@ Glib's place) and getting a chance to post now.
Paul, thank you for a fantastic time, the food & brews were excellent, and all the equipment you let me use was much appreciated; though if anyone else had shown up to brew, I could have spread my moochin' :p Thank you also for your extra wort, which put me 20 over my expected gravity. I think that will be a phenominal brew, which I have decide to mature until my B-day in mid February. BTW, your wort didn't have any hops yet, did it? I wonder how that will effect things...
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff... It was so great to finally meet you after all this time. You are taller than I expected;) I had a blast talking to you and look forward to 12/27. Interested in trading a keggle for the ticket? I hope that you had a great time for the rest of the weekend, and a safe flight.
As for the rest of you miscreants, it was great to meet all of you and I was happy to provide comic relief with my brewing ineptitude, and since therapy is so expensive, I am just going to have to drink more to stop hearing the badgering I took:D
Anyone who followed this thread, but didn't go (no, I am not singling you out Bird), you should definately catch the next one, Paul is a great host and his butt tastes delicious...

his butt tastes delicious...
I bet Paul's butt would taste good with Bird's A.S.S :p
JaysAss.jpg

Hey all!
I would have replied sooner, but I was waiting for paul to lend me a keyboard so that I could type all of this out;) ...

OK, I just sprayed coffee all over the computer screen, you barstard.

I think that you should send me a few bottles of that brew, Hippie, I earned it. No, not by digging thru a bunch of old boxes in the cellar to find my rusty old Corona mill. Not by giving you the old brewpot to use, or the wort chiller to use, or setting up the double boiler in the kitchen so you could melt the chocolate for your brew (?), not for finding a grain bag for you so you could soak your specialty grains, not for showing you how to hang the grainbag over a spoon to rinse it off, not for pouring the extra 2-3 quarts of runoff I had left over into your pot. All of that was just the way a brew day goes, adapt of perish.

Nope! I earned a few of your brews by taking a bullet for you. And it was a high powered, full metal jacketed, nearly lethal round. Fired by Alice, at me, when she found you chopping up that chocolate on the kitchen countertop, without a chopping board in sight. You have no idea how lucky you were to get out of that one with two gonads.

I expect the bleeding to stop by this weekend.

PTN

I think that you should send me a few bottles of that brew, Hippie, I earned it. No, not by digging thru a bunch of old boxes in the cellar to find my rusty old Corona mill. Not by giving you the old brewpot to use, or the wort chiller to use, or setting up the double boiler in the kitchen so you could melt the chocolate for your brew (?), not for finding a grain bag for you so you could soak your specialty grains, not for showing you how to hang the grainbag over a spoon to rinse it off, not for pouring the extra 2-3 quarts of runoff I had left over into your pot. All of that was just the way a brew day goes, adapt of perish.

Nope! I earned a few of your brews by taking a bullet for you. And it was a high powered, full metal jacketed, nearly lethal round. Fired by Alice, at me, when she found you chopping up that chocolate on the kitchen countertop, without a chopping board in sight. You have no idea how lucky you were to get out of that one with two gonads.

PTN

ROFL !! Jeez hippie! Paul your quote is right.. That is definitely going to leave a scar!

Hippie must be a life long bachlor..

PTN

Wow... And we missed all the fun.

Melana,

I was checking out that Chocolate rasberry stout recipe you have in the secondary. How it is coming out?

Sumo has been my nickname for years, I joined a bunch of brewing forums and used adigeso on all of them. Once I decided to stay here I switched to Sumo. Thats what all my friends call me.

Thanks for filling me in. It was very nice to meet you. Hope to see you again soon.

Thanks for filling me in. It was very nice to meet you. Hope to see you again soon.

Yes the same here.

BTW my local beer club is having a ciderfest on the 27th of October. Its in Harvard MA. Here is the link.
The Boston Wort Processors - Ciderfest 2008

My understanding is that anyone can sign up. They have unpasteurized cider for 2.50 a gallon, you bring your own containers.

Yes the same here.

BTW my local beer club is having a ciderfest on the 26th of October. Its in Harvard MA. Here is the link.

My understanding is that anyone can sign up. They have unpasteurized cider for 2.50 a gallon, you bring your own containers.

Fixed that for ya. Thanks for the info. Perhaps a trip out that way can be worked out.

:mug:

Ok another event for all the Mass people.
Concord, MA on Oct 4th..

Welcome to Colonial Spirits.com

check out the events page for beer.

Colonial Spirits Oktoberfest!
Saturday, October 4th 1-4pm
Amazing selection of Oktoberfest and Pumpkin beers with German food.

Beer and food.. joy =)

Yes the same here.

BTW my local beer club is having a ciderfest on the 27th of October. Its in Harvard MA. Here is the link.

I'm there!

Do they have a limit or can you show up with a 20 gallon container? My fermentor will be empty by then.:D
You guys were all jealous of the 20 gallon bucket, well it doubles as a "bring the juice home bucket." Not to rub salt in or nuttin'. But now you all know where to get one for yourself!

PTN

Sumo has been my nickname for years, I joined a bunch of brewing forums and used adigeso on all of them. Once I decided to stay here I switched to Sumo. Thats what all my friends call me.

And so we will all know you as Sumo! That is the absolute BEST part of these gatherings. A bunch of strangers show up at your house one morning and by evening you have a whole lot of new friends. And so you shall be SUMO!!!!!

BTW, I followed your directions for reheating the rice on Sunday morning. I have to tell you, it was the best part of the otherwise dismal day. How did the Pats loose to the Fish? I wish I could have at least been hung over, somehow it would have made Sunday better.

PTN

I'm there!

Do they have a limit or can you show up with a 20 gallon container? My fermentor will be empty by then.:D
You guys were all jealous of the 20 gallon bucket, well it doubles as a "bring the juice home bucket." Not to rub salt in or nuttin'. But now you all know where to get one for yourself!

PTN

Have you checked that it is still there after I "stopped by" with your picture CD?
;)

-Will

Hey John, It was nice to meet you at Paul's house. Maybe you could stay longer next time....

It was nice to meet you at masstoberfest as well. I'm sorry I didn't remember all the names. We were there for such a short time. You were the gent with the shades? Correct

If not you were the gent with the glasses. Either way here's hoping we cross paths again and can hoist a couple of pints.

:mug:

Yes the same here.

I'll go (and could be persuaded into making Apple Cake) if i could possibly car pool up with someone... :)

You can go with us. PM's in the works. BTW, I worked at Memeorial last night 3-11 and ended up going to Doughertys after work. Sort of nice, I got to watch the Sox celebrate clinching a playoff berth there. They had Ipswich Ale in a Firkin but it was getting rather stale. I had read a passage in abook earlier in the day about a guy who had a glass of Gin and Tonic(absolutely unrelated to the story line but it struck a chord with me) and it just resonated with me all day. So after I had a pint of the Ipswich I had a G&T and then went home. All in all a good night.

PTN

You can go with us. PM's in the works. BTW, I worked at Memeorial last night 3-11 and ended up going to Doughertys after work. Sort of nice, I got to watch the Sox celebrate clinching a playoff berth there. They had Ipswich Ale in a Firkin but it was getting rather stale. I had read a passage in abook earlier in the day about a guy who had a glass of Gin and Tonic(absolutely unrelated to the story line but it struck a chord with me) and it just resonated with me all day. So after I had a pint of the Ipswich I had a G&T and then went home. All in all a good night.

PTN

Cool. Thanks.
We were at Doherty's last night with my two globe trotting cousins. We were long gone by 11...

I'm there!

PTN

No limit, they are giving it from a large container. Last year the WORTs took over 200 gallons home between them all.

Back