Margaritas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margaritas. How do you like them?

• Rocks

• Frozen

Results are only viewable after voting.
MUST be on the rocks, with only fresh squeezed lime, Tequila of 100% agave, and maybe (for sweetness) a tiny bit of some cointreau or triple sec. Salted rim, lots of ice- and that's it!

I love when limes go on sale in February, 10 for $1.00, at HEB. We are margarita happy, every day at 4 PM, on our dock. Zuljin, you stop in at 4 PM anyday in Feb and I"ll personally make you a margarita!

MUST be on the rocks, with only fresh squeezed lime, Tequila of 100% agave, and maybe (for sweetness) a tiny bit of some cointreau or triple sec. Salted rim, lots of ice- and that's it!

I love when limes go on sale in February, 10 for $1.00, at HEB. We are margarita happy, every day at 4 PM, on our dock. Zuljin, you stop in at 4 PM anyday in Feb and I"ll personally make you a margarita!

My mouth is watering...

On the rocks. With tequila, agave nectar and lime juice.

I add a little orange brandy to mine and I prefer resposado or anejo tequilas over blanco. I also zest my lime. All that goes in the shaker and gets the hell shaken out of it, then goes unstrained (rocks and all) into my glass.

Sometimes I make a whole pitcher this way and mix it 50-50 with a nice IPA.

Yooper, are you going to be mixing these margaritas naked? ;)

On the rocks for me too, but really prefer sipping my tequila.

It depends on my mood, I prefer the rocks but enjoy a blended one every once in a while. If I'm out of limes I use frozen limeade concentrate. So Yooper do you only drink them when you are in Texas?

Why no selection for "on tap"???

Cheers
Jay

IMG_20130704_131128_490.jpg

Really, yall? Really?

And that's a mighty fine invite, Yooper. :cheers:

But, really? Rocks?

Yes, rocks. Just like with a real daiquiri and a real pina colada. Frozen is for when you are too lazy to make a separate non-alcoholic batch for the kids.

And the salt is strictly for when you are out of agave nectar or Tripel Sec but still have lots of tequila and limes. ;)

I like rocks, but really don't like salt on the rim. And it's weird, because I like salt in general on things.

Yes, rocks. Just like with a real daiquiri and a real pina colada. Frozen is for when you are too lazy to make a separate non-alcoholic batch for the kids.

And the salt is strictly for when you are out of agave nectar or Tripel Sec but still have lots of tequila and limes. ;)

Oh, how the pale and pimped underbelly of HBT's drinking culture has been revealed. I am now hesitant to ask the next question, but I must. It is the method.

Why no selection for "on tap"???

Cheers
Jay
My friends put homemade margarita on tap for their new year's party. He used fresh squeezed limes, which was great, but the pulp clogged the poppet valve on the corny pretty quick. We had to back flush the valve, filter the 'rita, then re-keg it. Worth it, though.

I like rocks, but really don't like salt on the rim. And it's weird, because I like salt in general on things.

I always thought the salt was to help restore your electrolytes and to dry you out so you want to drink more.

Just like Brawndo, its got electrolytes!

My friends put homemade margarita on tap for their new year's party. He used fresh squeezed limes, which was great, but the pulp clogged the poppet valve on the corny pretty quick. We had to back flush the valve, filter the 'rita, then re-keg it. Worth it, though.

Ha ha ha... I filter the pulp beforehand and I make them several days ahead of time so they are carbonated!

Cheers
Jay

Oh, how the pale and pimped underbelly of HBT's drinking culture has been revealed. I am now hesitant to ask the next question, but I must. It is the method.

I think he passed out.

Wonder if, after the hangover passes, he will remember what the question was supposed to be.

While I'm not a fan of beeritas, I am now thinking of how to brew one. Yes, Budweiser kind of did it already, but if we home brewers can do anything (just ask us) we can out brew any major brewery. ;)

for being a bunch of home brewers, too many of y'all are too much of purists. "real chili does NOT have beans. if it's vodka, it's not a real martini. real margaritas are only on the rocks. I just brewed a hibiscus jalapeno pale ale with molasses."

frozen, rocks... freshly home made, mix... salt, no salt... super ultra premium tequila, bottom shelf tequila... flavored, regular... personal taste is a real bastard.

Real chili most certainly does have beans. If it ain't got beans, it's hotdog gravy.

Now, you can put whutever you want in beer, so long as it has grain in it too. No grain. No beer. A baked fish is not a beer.

Latest posts

Back