Margarita Gose...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey peeps. Got a gose that the wife and I are kegging in the next day or two. When we brewed this, we nixed using tequila and oak cubes because we didn't want to take the whole batch down that road. However, we're getting (3) 5 gallon kegs out of it and I'd like to take 1 keg and add the oak/tequila tincture to it.

The general consensus seems to be 2oz oak 3/4 cup tequila. This still the "go-to" amount for 5 gal., for those of you who have done it?

Thanks.

How did it turn out?
I have a Gose recipe I've made a few times and am planning to do with tequila-soaked oak next. I'm thinking medium toast soaked in anejo. (Or maybe Blanco, as anejo already has the oak characteristics?) I'm working through quantity and time soaking/time in tbe beer.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

How did it turn out?
I have a Gose recipe I've made a few times and am planning to do with tequila-soaked oak next. I'm thinking medium toast soaked in anejo. (Or maybe Blanco, as anejo already has the oak characteristics?) I'm working through quantity and time soaking/time in tbe beer.

Actually turned out really good! Initially the oak was a bit too much. But about a week after adding it, it mellowed just a tad and was great! I did 2oz medium toast American park and 3/4 cup anejo.

How did it turn out?

Oh and I let the oak soak in the tequila for 3 weeks.

Back