March pumps w/out a brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerBrewer

Reaction score
I have a March pump I am incorporating into my process thanks to the many benefits learned through this forum. I do not yet have a brew stand/rig as I am trying to decide/review which style suits my needs best (RIMS/HERMS/Gravity).

Do anyone use a March pump by itself not attached to a brew rig? If so, pictures would really help to visualize how best to set it up or build a pump house to best utilize it without the risk of running it dry (or knocking it over). I currently have the head oriented in a north-south fashion, with the liquid 'in' on the bottom, and the 'out' on top. I then have a 1/2" ball valve installed.

I was thinking of making a simple wooden frame for it but wondered about other ideas.

I see breweries mount their pumps on carts a lot, so they can wheel it to where they need it, hook up hoses and go.

I just have them mounted on a piece of wood. One is the typical side inlet, the other is a center inlet.

Love those toolbox setups. I think I am more in favor of the taller toolbox so I can orient the head in a north/south position. I would be concerned about priming issues in the horizontal layout. :mug:

Back