Making Graff...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drives_a_bike

Reaction score
My Mom and Dad just bought me that kit deal from Living Social and I wound up with the Autumn Amber Kit from Midwest Supply. I was just going to brew it up, but then thought, It's a free kit, I'm gonna mess with it! I mean, what the hell, right?

Anyway, since watching the BrewingTV episode on Graff, I've wanted to try it out. I wondered if anyone has made it..I've checked out a ton of threads on here about Graff, but I thought of just brewing this extract kit the same way anyone would and instead of topping it off with water, I would top it off with 3 gallons of Cider...or perhaps 2 gallons cider and 1 gallon water. I don't really know.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I actually made that kit as my first brew back in August. Turned out pretty good if you don't decide to go the graff route

I've made a couple of batches of graff. It gets pretty boring after a while. I've made a couple of hundred batches of beer, and many ciders, and will make many more, but will not make any more Graff.

I brew a graff about once every year or two. I usually blend a Belgian wort with apple juice and ferment with a Belgian strain. It comes out like a tripel but with a cidery taste -- in a good way.

There's no magic to it. Make wort, add apple juice or cider. Ferment. I would top up entirely with apple juice or cider, whichever you plan on using. Don't dilute any further.

I made it last night and it's bubbling away happily in my back room. I just topped it off with 3 gallons of cider. We'll see how everything goes

Back