M Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crfdvm

Reaction score
Decided to start my Keezer Build

Got the Freezer from Lowes 7.2 cuft Frigidaire in Black $217 shipped after taxes and coupon.
Caster bottom made and attached

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Caster Bottom in Place

Douglas Fir 2x4 and Plywood Platform with Waxman 3" Casters

DSC_0004.jpg

Collar build started

1x8 Oak Boards with Gusset Brackets

DSC_0007.jpg

Side Panels attached

1/8" Oak Veneer Cabinet finishing ends

Attached with Liquid Nails and 1/2" flathead screws

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Awesome! How thick is your foam?

I wanted to use appliance grade cords when I wired my Ranco, but I didn't know if the individual wires were color coded the same and would match my instructions.

Awesome! How thick is your foam?

I wanted to use appliance grade cords when I wired my Ranco, but I didn't know if the individual wires were color coded the same and would match my instructions.

I used 1 and 1/2 inch foam - I think it is garage door insulatation.

I recommend using appliance grade cord - They are not color coded wires though. I had to do some research to see which wire was which- but figured it out pretty easily.

She is starting to come together. Lots of work, but that first pull is gonna be soooo tasty!

DSC_0005 (3).jpg

Turning out REALLY well.
You didn't want to go for a coffin?

Kind of a GIANT risk attaching the veneer with screws isn't it?

Turning out REALLY well.
You didn't want to go for a coffin?

Kind of a GIANT risk attaching the veneer with screws isn't it?

I decided against a coffin due to this being my first major woodworking project. I tried to make it as simple as possible and just wanted a clean look with nice functionality.

The panels were attached with liquid nails, but they were not laying flat enough (even with clamps) to firmly attach, so I used the screws to keep the panels laying flat. I could remove the screws at this point, but don't see a reason since the 1/4" screws attaching 1/8" veneer just barely penetrate the freezer wall.

Thanks for looking

Those are some slick co2 tanks. I don't think I've seen those before.

Beverage Elements $22.75 each + S/H

They are reconditioned and painted with rust resistant paint. They are about 30" tall with valve and 4" wide. Fits on the floor with 3 Ball Locks and some room to spare.

They are Steel - but the added weight is not a concern to me.

Beverage Elements $22.75 each + S/H

They are reconditioned and painted with rust resistant paint. They are about 30" tall with valve and 4" wide. Fits on the floor with 3 Ball Locks and some room to spare.

They are Steel - but the added weight is not a concern to me.

:eek: That's an amazing price... I just bought a 5lb for $54...

How much does a project like this cost? Rough estimate?

I estimate that in the end it will run about 800-1000. I made some mistakes on wood cuts that cost me extra. I also used all oak trim to match, instead of using pine trim. That includes the keezer, perlick taps, all the lines, regulator, tanks, (3) ball lock kegs. Doesn't take into account all the hours of work, but that's the fun part, right?

:eek: That's an amazing price... I just bought a 5lb for $54...

After shipping to CA to turned out to cost $45 a piece. Which is a good price in my opinion. I liked the fact that I can put it on the floor and avoid taking up space on the hump.

Weather Strip, Corner Pieces, Collar Moulding, Continued Staining

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

looks good. I am really glad you didn't go with an overly dark oak stain. This looks real good.

Two coats of semi-gloss varnish

Waiting for the drip tray in the mail before I attached the center strip.

DSC_0007.jpg

Kegs Loaded
1) Hangar 24 Orange Wheat
2) Hangar 24 Double IPA
3) Homebrew TBD

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Great job. I've been eyeballing the currently-unplugged and empty freezer in my basement :)

The cold glass rack is a great addition.

Latest posts

Back