Lost pet and chilled wort before boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wirk

Reaction score
Brown ale, all grain.

I was finishing fly sparging when my brother yells me that my parrot flew away, so I just left the brewing and ran to look for my parrot... after several hours of looking for Alcachofa(my parrot) it became dark so we decided to restart the search tomorrow morning. So my question is, the wort was cold(I guess it was like 90-100 f, first thing I did when I came home was to start the boiling) and 3 or 4 hours lag time between the mashing and the boil... will this ruin my beer? can I do something to reduce the consequences of this? :(

edit: Only 2 hours and a half of lag time

Am sure you will be fine. When you eventually did boil it you killed off any nastiest that were living in your wort. Oh and i hope you find your parrot!!

In think the beer will be fine.

Good Luck with your parrot. I have an Orange Wing amazon. Around here it would be unlikely to survive in the wild. Is your species local? If it does not return I hope it finds a flock to live with.

I hope to find it soon.

It is a blue fronted amazon, so no is not local and it won't survive in the wild for much longer because nights are too cold for it(luckily tonight is specially warm).

I think your beer will be fine, it takes a lot to screw up a beer.

We had our African Grey parrot get out on us last October in the rain, it was about 40 outside, we looked until it was dark. when my wife called the police station a few days later just as a last resort we found out he was found by a Borough worker that day and we got him back. I hope you have a happy ending like we did :)

A neighbor had an African Gray escape. The parrot went into someones garage about a half mile away. It ended with the Gray returned a couple of days later.:D

I had a similar problem while brewing Orfys Boddington bitter my staffy came into the back yard carrying next doors white rabbit (snowy) in his mouth covered in mud and slobber I had to chase the dog around the yard to get the deceased rabbit out of his jaws, when I should have been doing my second addition hops. I finally got hold of the rabbit shampooed it, dried it, sneaked into the neighbours yard and replaced Snowy back in his cage.
Now all of this happened on Brew day (Saturday) on Monday the next door neighbour stopped me at the mail box and said ,"Did you hear about our Snowy, he died on Friday and kids made a cross and we buried him under the oak tree, but some sick bastard has dug him up washed him and dried him and put him back in his cage" What could I say but for there are some sick bastards around nowadays, but the ale turned out o/k

I had a similar problem while brewing Orfys Boddington bitter my staffy came into the back yard carrying next doors white rabbit (snowy) in his mouth covered in mud and slobber I had to chase the dog around the yard to get the deceased rabbit out of his jaws, when I should have been doing my second addition hops. I finally got hold of the rabbit shampooed it, dried it, sneaked into the neighbours yard and replaced Snowy back in his cage.
Now all of this happened on Brew day (Saturday) on Monday the next door neighbour stopped me at the mail box and said ,"Did you hear about our Snowy, he died on Friday and kids made a cross and we buried him under the oak tree, but some sick bastard has dug him up washed him and dried him and put him back in his cage" What could I say but for there are some sick bastards around nowadays, but the ale turned out o/k

LOL, Way to traumatize the neighbor kids but gotta say, that's pretty hilarious!

Bwaaaaahhhhh hhaaaaa haaaaa! (seriously? I don't care if it didn't really happen, I'm repeating that one).

Back