Losing my mind?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsmonkey

Reaction score
Lately, everything smells like boiling wort. I caught a whiff of some oranges in the breakroom at work yesterday. Smelled kinda hoppy. Mrs. Monkey was making soup the other night. Something smelled like beer. I just scooped some dry dog food out for Spot, you guessed it, caught a beer smell.

My beer doesn't normally smell like dog food or soup, but for some reason, these things are triggering my beer alarm.

Help me!

I agree with the others! Apparently your subconscious monkey is telling you "brew more". The only cure is to do what it asks; otherwise, even your ice cream will smell like beer. Brew, Mr. Monkey, BREW!

I just brewed weekend before last. Bottling Sunday. Maybe it is time for another one, but I still feel strange having phantom beer slipping up on me like that. Maybe I have a tumor? Maybe it's an obsession?

sudsmonkey said:
I like the way you think!:mug:

It ain't just a hobby.....it's an obsession...

I'm finding that the grocery store is taking on a whole new meaning...

Coconut Milk...hmm I bet I could ferment that... Cabbage juice? Hell no, but that bottle could be used to make starters...Juice box? Yeah...we're sick aren't we?

sudsmonkey said:
Dude, I've made wine from canned peaches and raisins. Anything's possible in the world of alcohol!
Brewer= highly functional alcoholic with some skills:ban:

I found a podcast on Prison Winemaking that would be right up your alley then!

All you need is Big black garbage bag, Ketchup packs, juice boxes, fruit peels, a semi clean sock and some moldy bread :D

Hey, slow down! I'm trying to write all this down! M-O-L-D-Y B-R-E-A-D....

I got into brewing and just kinda tested the limits. Reminds me of when I was a kid and we tried smoking some of my Mom's Japanese Maple. Don't try it. Tastes like burning leaves!

Back